Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My dad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has split up with his girlfriend after much arguing. He was trying to stay long enough so that they could sort their half sold appartment out, and hopefully sell their recently bought house in france, so there were no money issues to sort out afterwards, but it just got too bad and they split up. So my dad turned up at 3am the wednesday morning with all his stuff out the flat - and stayed on our sofa. my mum is away for a week, and my brother was away too. Then he stayed wednesday and thursdsay night too. Its really weird - my brother is now talking to him again and actually inviting him out and stuff (he didnt talk to my dad because my dad left us for this woman) - he's so happy, but i think he thinks my dad might be staying around (dad was supposed to emigrate to new zealand for a while at the end of this year. might still do it, just on his own instead).

Its just so weird to wake up in the morning and have my dad make me a cup of tea! and my brother actually offer my dad his car to use, and all that sort of stuff. Its crazy - its like de ja vu but in reverse... weird :eek2: just wanted to share.

Comments

• Options
    msut be wierd for u, lol well it is as u said but u know what i mean. :)
  • Options
    lol i know, but theres so much going on at the minute that i dont even care! its just great to have him around. and with him not working (due to their travelling plans) it means i have a free babysitter around! lol (im all happy and its just gone mad!) go into relationships :D yay me!!! *dances*
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    lol i know, but theres so much going on at the minute that i dont even care! its just great to have him around. and with him not working (due to their travelling plans) it means i have a free babysitter around! lol (im all happy and its just gone mad!) go into relationships :D yay me!!! *dances*
    sounds like good stuff bad. enjoy it while it lasts and make sure you and your brother do one thing ...tell him!
  • Options
    *deleted image
  • Options
    oh ffs

:eek2:
  • Options
    james ...or is it by any chance andrew rees ...why don't you just go back to the street corner and the bus shelter and carry on frightening old ladies shitless. your not impressing anyone.
    ooo lets shock everyone ...fucking grow up.
  • Options
    maybe he is slycer returned.

Oh yeah, Bada, does your mum know he is threre?
  • Options
    yeh mr roll, i've told him :) he's disappeared in my car for a few days, trying to clear his head, and has taken all his stuff from my room now too. Its been fun, but i knew it wouldnt last. he needs to sort his life out now, but now she's gone, it finally means theres no one pulling us all back to the memories you know. she was the last link to everything that went wrong, and now she's gone, we can all finally move on and deal with stuff, so its all worked out for the best, and although my dad is sad its over; he knows it wasnt the right thing, and she wasnt the right girl. she wanted kids with him for gods sake! i mean ok, fair enough she's only 32 or whatever - but their kids would be younger than mine!!

and jazza, yes my mum knows :) she's away on holiday at the moment, but she spoke to him (they talk quite a lot) before she left and knew what was going on, and she said if he needed to stay he could, as long as it was ok with me and my brother. so yes; all is looking well. :)
  • Options
    Where is he going to stay when your mum gets back? Glad everything is ok :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    Where is he going to stay when your mum gets back? Glad everything is ok :)

he's gone down south for a couple of days, try and clear his head and that. We knew he wouldnt be staying here permanently, that was never an option anyway really; guess it would be too weird! he has lots of friends and family that are more than excited about having him back around, so he has places to go. he's still in talks with her about selling the french house, and then of course he has to decide whether or not he wants to continue with his plans to go to new zealand, and whether or not he'll do it alone; so theres a lot to be talked about, but im sure he'll work it all out. Im pretty sure that in the next couple of years he'll have settled down in a small terraced house in the village next to ours. he always joked about it when my parents were still together, and this past two years has shown him just how difficult he finds it being away from us all, so i personally think he'll by a small house close to us. but who knows.

anyones parents here gotten bajck together after a seperation? (not suggesting this will happen, just wandering) what was it like? did you approve?
  • Options
    Talk about a self-licky-arseous thread!

oh, sorry! wrong thread :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by captain kirk
    Talk about a self-licky-arseous thread!

oh, sorry! wrong thread :p

dont make me come over there and spank you biatch!

and anyway, it wasnt about me... twas about my daddy :p

(But im about to write another thread and i'll allow you to slate me for that ;))
  • Options
    dont make me come over there and spank you biatch!

and anyway, it wasnt about me... twas about my daddy :p

It was a cheap shot, I admit it!

I hang my head in shame.
  • Options
    Originally posted by captain kirk
    It was a cheap shot, I admit it!

I hang my head in shame.

i'll let you spank my other thread if you ask nicely... tis completed now :p
  • Options
    Hiya - not meaning to piss on your parade...

but did you and your brother try to give your dad any support - after all, he has split up with someone he loved and I'm pretty certain that someone in that situation doesn't want to hear 'she was crap anyway - you're better off without her' kind of talk.

I'm really pleased that you and your brother are able to talk to your dad and feel that things are better now that she isn't around but it doesn't mean things will be alright with your mum again does it??

And theres always the possibility that he might get back together with his girlfriend isn't there? Stranger things have happened. They'll certainly have to keep in touch if they have financial stuff to sort out.

My dad had a really young girlfriend and if they had had children I would have found it funny but I would have been pleased that he was happy and that I had another brother or sister. I think its a shame that families are torn apart but why make it worse by refusing to accept the situation...

Anyway - like I said, no parade pissing intended and glad you are happy about this new development..
  • Options
    i'll let you spank my other thread if you ask nicely... tis completed now :p

God bless the internet... and spanking too. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Hiya - not meaning to piss on your parade...

but did you and your brother try to give your dad any support - after all, he has split up with someone he loved and I'm pretty certain that someone in that situation doesn't want to hear 'she was crap anyway - you're better off without her' kind of talk.

I'm really pleased that you and your brother are able to talk to your dad and feel that things are better now that she isn't around but it doesn't mean things will be alright with your mum again does it??

And theres always the possibility that he might get back together with his girlfriend isn't there? Stranger things have happened. They'll certainly have to keep in touch if they have financial stuff to sort out.

My dad had a really young girlfriend and if they had had children I would have found it funny but I would have been pleased that he was happy and that I had another brother or sister. I think its a shame that families are torn apart but why make it worse by refusing to accept the situation...

Anyway - like I said, no parade pissing intended and glad you are happy about this new development..

have you ever been let down by someone you love? someone you really idolise? have you ever looked in the eyes of your biggest hero, the only person you've ever truly given your whole self to, only to see for just one moment, that their whole life has been a lie to you? it was worse than that, ten times worse; and that is why my brother was never there for my dad. why he never spoke to him. because at 17 years old my brother was destroyed by his hero, we all were, but the differance was that i had never had my hero look me in the eys and tell me how wonderful i was. he never took me to the park and pushed me on the swing, or taught me how to ride my bike, or let me play his guitar, or take me to watch the football. in the week he worked in london, and on a saturday he took my brother to the football, and on a sunday he watched my brother play football, then he went back to london. i never had a relationship with my dad. and when he left, i grabbed him, because i didnt want to lose him forever. and it turns out i was the only person he had left. no one else would look at him. and in the past two years we've become near best friends, and i know nearly too much about my dads life, but its made us extremely strong. now he's left that past, by splitting up with a woman who wanted more from him, someone who wouldnt even let him call his children, let alone see them (just resulting in more and more lies), the same women he left us for, he's finally left the past. he's walked away from it, and this means that people are finding it easier to respect him as a person now... its complicated, and i wouldnt expect you to understand because you dont know the situation.
    we are under no illusion that him and my mum are getting back together, and frankly i wouldnt want that to happen; neither would they. but they can be friends now. Tracy was the only thing that kept the past in the present, and now she's near gone, we can all move on from that, and start a fresh.
  • Options
    Fair enough....and I think its great that you have been able to love your dad without judging him, and without blaming him considering the fact that he treated you so badly while devoting all his time to your brother.

My dad had affair after affair after affair and its only now that hes dead that I realised quite how shit he made my mum feel, but I loved him as a friend and a great teacher and someone who helped to make me what I am as well as teaching me how not to be.

Its a great thing to be able to be friends with a parent without letting all the difficulties effect your relationship....so good luck and congratulations.