Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can someone enlighten me ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tonight I was watching comments on Pop Idol and they were saying something about politicians should do what they do ie try and run the country and let these people on Pop Idol do what they do best on a Saturday night and entertain people.

So my question is what has been said ? does anyone know. They said that because of what politicians had said is why the vote tonight went the way it did. Im more curious than anything else, so if anyone can enlighten me id appreciate it :)

Comments

• Options
    Have a pretty hazy memory of the week, but didn't Simon Cowell get told off my backbenchers for defamatory remarks towards the somewhat larger of the contestants, and was promptly accused of promoting negative stereotypes and media pressure and all that bollocks.

And to that end, I nearly had a fit when that really, *really* hot girl got put in that last three tonight. The poor thing was in tears, but if I was her I would've been laughing. Her, up against those two? Dear me, the public may be insane, but they're not *that* nuts.
  • Options
    Yep, I think some 10 MP's put forward a motion that he should be told to stop it or something like that. Odd.
  • Options
    Thank you for that, I have to agree they should butt out !!

Simon Cowell gives his honest opinion regardless of their size. If they are good he tells them, if they are rubbish he tells them. Im beginning to like him now, however at first i used to think he was quite nasty, now I appreciate his honesty and at the end of the day he is just giving his opinion.