Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

embarassment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you deal with it?

i sometimes just want to go and hide at home and never show my face again, but other times i just think 'fuck them, i dont care what people think of me' and carry on as usual.

which do u find more effective? i think i would say the later

Comments

• Options
    Re: embarassment
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    how do you deal with it?

i sometimes just want to go and hide at home and never show my face again, but other times i just think 'fuck them, i dont care what people think of me' and carry on as usual.

which do u find more effective? i think i would say the later

Depends on the situation - do you have a more specific example in mind?
  • Options
    Re: Re: embarassment

if im ever embarrassed i'll just laught it off and make a joke out of it. ive got high self esteem so it wouldnt bother me at all. i cant remember anything major embarrasing thats happened to me..
  • Options
    I laugh at myself, it takes the embarrasment away. If you can laugh at something stupid you do then thats a good thing :D

Mind having said that the last thing i was embarrased about was falling over in the town, so I jumped up, put my head down and walked away very quickly :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I laugh at myself, it takes the embarrasment away. If you can laugh at something stupid you do then thats a good thing :D

Yeah. If I obsessed over every night of bad dancing or every time I sang to my Walkman in the street, I'd never stop cringing.

Best just to laugh.
  • Options
    Re: Re: embarassment
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Depends on the situation - do you have a more specific example in mind?

yeah i do but its complitcated to explain. just wanted peoples general opinions
  • Options
    I'm the same, sometimes I think 'fuck it why should I have to worry about what they think.' then get on with what I was doing. Definatly the best way to handle the situation imo.

Problem is with me I sit down later on and think 'god I'm such an idiot for making an idiot of myself :('.
  • Options
    I get embarrassed way too easily, I tend to go bright red, and my voice goes all shaky, and then that embarrasses me even more, so I get worse, and that's even MORE embarrassing.

It's a vicious (sp?) cycle.
  • Options
    I tend to pretend I didn't find it embarrassing, and try to carry on as normal, but generally be incredibly awkward, and generally dig myself an even deeper hole.
  • Options
    This got me thinking about my worst ever embarrasing moment :eek2:

it was when i was about 12 and we went on a school holiday at this complex thingy, for a weeks hols. Anyway all the class were there and we were hiking and I went and stood in a big cow patt, it was horrible, and everyone took the piss outta me :lol::lol:

I never did live that down at school :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    ok how come that ^^^^ came out like that? :confused::confused::confused:

Because the astrixed letters form a rascist term. The same thing happened to me once.
  • Options
    i normally laugh it off.
  • Options
    Usually when I get/am embarrassed I usually just want to go home and hide or just find some dark corner and just stay there until everyone is gone.