Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

North Korea...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...is now a nuclear power. anyone else find this quite a scary situation?

Comments

• Options
    Whereas I regret yet more countries joining the nuclear league, I for one am not concerned with North Korea's nuclear status.

Much of the blame for Korea's relentless pursue of nuclear weapons must lie with the government of the United States of America. The current government in particular will have prompted the Koreans to achieve full nuclear status more rapidly than all previous US governments put together.

And why should anyone complain? The North Koreans have a right to defend themselves from threats. And when it comes to the imperialistic, warmongering super military power that is the USA, threat of nuclear holocaust seems to be the only language the wankers at the White House understand.

Look at the different policies adopted towards Iraq and North Korea: invading the former with the excuse that it's a danger to the world simply because the US knew very well Iraq had no WMDs and posed no threat to the US; while "talking" about the need to neutralise any danger from North Korea, but actually doing fuck all about it (because the US is shitting itself). So in a way I want to shout: 'well done North Korea, the bully has been truly rumbled".

Don't be surprised if Iran and Syria are next to join the nuclear league- the former is said to be trying hard already- again, who can blame them??? I actually think it would not be such a bad thing: it would further dampen the imperialistic warmongering ambitions the Mad Murdering Texan might have, and it would also redress the balance of military power in the Middle East a bit (perhaps the Israelis wouldn't be so quick to launch air attacks against Syria if the Syrians had some nukes).
  • Options
    Having spent most of my teenage years bricking it at the thought of Ronald Reagan having command over Nukes, I have regrettably become immune to any more nutters with the same powers.
  • Options
    Any nuke is scary.

Be it owned by the UK, US, North Korea etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Look at the different policies adopted towards Iraq and North Korea: invading the former with the excuse that it's a danger to the world simply because the US knew very well Iraq had no WMDs and posed no threat to the US; while "talking" about the need to neutralise any danger from North Korea, but actually doing fuck all about it (because the US is shitting itself). So in a way I want to shout: 'well done North Korea, the bully has been truly rumbled".

I think your sport on there, although there are millions of people starving in North Korea because of the regime.
    Don't be surprised if Iran and Syria are next to join the nuclear league- the former is said to be trying hard already- again, who can blame them??? I actually think it would not be such a bad thing: it would further dampen the imperialistic warmongering ambitions the Mad Murdering Texan might have, and it would also redress the balance of military power in the Middle East a bit (perhaps the Israelis wouldn't be so quick to launch air attacks against Syria if the Syrians had some nukes).

A good point again, look at the situation between India and Pakistan, at one stage it looked like full scale war was inevitable, but since they both went nuclear it seems to have cooled down.
  • Options
    India & Pakistan was like a mini cold war that went on between the two then superpowers USA & USSR.
    Hopefully that won't happen again and it seems unlikely since most countries can now get hold of nukes.
    Good point by Aladdin about North Korea, America wouldn't touch them with a barge pole because they nothing for the U.S to take and are a hell of a lot more dangerous than Iraq.
    Although I couldn't really give any congratulations to N.Korea due to the fact the money would be better spent on its civilians.
  • Options
    I agree, N. Korea is a rather cruel and nasty regime, and I wish that if nothing else the billions spent in the nuclear programme would have been put to alleviate the famine there.
  • Options
    Yes it terrifies me...not because im worried north Korea will do something silly, but because im worried the US will do something silly to them :/