Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It is NOT Nov 5th !!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So why the hell have we had millions and zillions of fireworks going off all friggin night :mad:
They are seriously doing my head in and before long im gonna shout at the stupid barstewards who think its fun to let bangers off all night.

Ok so is it only my area who have stupid dimwits or are they nationwide ?

Comments

• Options
    Nationwide. Some tosser has been setting them off since the 23 or something like that. Most annoying...
  • Options
    Everywhere.

It sounds like fucking battersea dogs home round here.
    I hope they all get fireworks in their eyes.
  • Options
    They're doing it here (cambs).my babies dont like it either.i shall kill them all for upsetting them.

P.s.babies being my cats:)
  • Options
    it's like bahgdad in my street atm.

i keep expecting to see armoured vehicles and americans when i go outside, but it's just 10 year olds with bangers. i mean seriously, do these parents not fear for their children's safety?
  • Options
    5th November is on a Wednesday this year and people will have work etc Thursday morning. So they'll let off their fireworks at the weekend instead.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Macca1983
    5th November is on a Wednesday this year and people will have work etc Thursday morning. So they'll let off their fireworks at the weekend instead.

Fireworks are normally for the kids, not 12/18 yr olds letting bangers off all night.
    So people have work on Thursday morning, when we were kids (back in world war 1) hehehe, our parents let them off straight after tea.........not fecking 10:30pm :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Fireworks are normally for the kids, not 12/18 yr olds letting bangers off all night.
    So people have work on Thursday morning, when we were kids (back in world war 1) hehehe, our parents let them off straight after tea.........not fecking 10:30pm :mad:

Oi you're a nun aint u menna be all clam and religiousyes i did write clam on purpose but then again i spose nov.5 has no religious representation [/random bored crap]
  • Options
    November 5th is my birthday!

Just thought I'd give that a quick mention ;).
  • Options
    It should be the same here.

Or maybe I just can't hear them...
  • Options
    Re: It is NOT Nov 5th !!!!
    So why the hell have we had millions and zillions of fireworks going off all friggin night :mad:
    They are seriously doing my head in and before long im gonna shout at the stupid barstewards who think its fun to let bangers off all night.

Ok so is it only my area who have stupid dimwits or are they nationwide ?

tbh its the closest weekend night to bonfire night wouldnt like it if they did this on a week night when ya kiddie has school teh next morning would ya?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Neil
    November 5th is my birthday!

bless.

november 6th is mr. kaffrin's birthday. he was born 20 minutes after midnight.

if he'd have been born on the 5th, his mum was gonna call him Guy.

how i laughed.
  • Options
    Re: Re: It is NOT Nov 5th !!!!
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    tbh its the closest weekend night to bonfire night wouldnt like it if they did this on a week night when ya kiddie has school teh next morning would ya?

Lets have a bet shall we ?

I bet i will be sat here on bonfire night saying the same thing and i bet you next weekend we will have the same because all the fireworks will be reduced.
    What you reckon ?
  • Options

I wasn't that covered in her 2nd post? I.e. after her cup of tea :p / dinner?

And, for fucks sake, what is wrong with spelling "the" correctly?
  • Options

well here it's been every night for about 2 weeks, and will probably carry on every night until they run out of money, or summer comes back, whichever happens first.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: It is NOT Nov 5th !!!!
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    well here it's been every night for about 2 weeks, and will probably carry on every night until they run out of money, or summer comes back, whichever happens first.

lets not forget diwali
  • Options
    I so know what you mean. I lost zebadee for ages too. I think she was hiding.
  • Options
    Yeah, there are lots of fireworks round here. I'm surprised nobody's been hurt yet (that I know of) - people are just lobbing them about!
  • Options
    I hate this time of year :mad: the fireworks drive my dogs mad, and they started a few weeks ago. Oh, and trick or treaters coming and the wrong time too!

And! People putting xmas lights on their house far too early.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: It is NOT Nov 5th !!!!
    Lets have a bet shall we ?

I bet i will be sat here on bonfire night saying the same thing and i bet you next weekend we will have the same because all the fireworks will be reduced.
    What you reckon ?

Im not gonna bet with u, cos i quite agree.
    i hate fireworks, they scare my cats so much. I dont see the point in fireworks, all it is is money going up in smoke....with some pretty colours added in... so? :confused:
  • Options
    tell me about it :mad:

they've been going off for at least a month around here :mad:

one of the dogs is scared of them, and they both bark like crazy. i reckon they ought to be banned until fireworks night to be honest. kinda ruins the 'fun'.

didn't have any trick or treaters :D

...perhaps that's 'cause i was made to walk around in the dark so people wouldnt think we were in...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    people dont roam the streets here anymore since a girl got raped at the bottom of the road
  • Options
    whats on november 5th?
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    whats on november 5th?

its bonfire night :D
  • Options
    Yeh there's loads going off around here and my cats are getting scared. And the other day I was waiting for the bus and these asian boys were throwing fireworks at cars. :mad:
  • Options
    Fireworks have just become disappointing & more of a nuisance now. Must be getting old :D

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Ok so tonight is Bonfire Night, but why the hell are they still letting bangers off now ????

BAN the sale of fireworks to the general public, thats what I say cos im fed up of them going off at this time of night :mad:
  • Options
    you'd think you were in the Iraq around here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ronanfan
    you'd think you were in the Iraq around here.

:yes:

i am currently residing in wakefieldistan.

my whole house shakes with some of the explosions.

the cat is hiding behind the settee.
  • Options
    Our Puppy has been scared shitless tonight, poor thing :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    whats on november 5th?
    it's our july the 4th ...fireworks and stuff. but we're celebrating the catholic terrorists trying to blow up the english parliament a feww hundred years ago! we throw a dummy on the fire ...supposed to be guy fawks ...the osama binladen of his day. but more and more people are burning effigys of george bush ...aerial sharon etc.