Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Baaaaaaaaaaaaad PMS - Gets Worse Every Time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I get really bad pains when I come on, and I hate it. It gets worse every time, this time it was so bad I could hardly move (I came on about a week ago on Thursday - I'm a bit late :p) and I hated it. I took paracetamol, but that didn't take the whole pain away. It was so bad I couldn't sleep all night. I felt really ill as well :( What can help??

Comments

• Options
    ok, this is coming from a boy so i'm probably wrong :p

Have you ever thought about going on the pill? i've heard that it helps with period pains as well as being a contraceptive :)
  • Options
    franki on the pill...... now thats something i dont see happening.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bread
    ok, this is coming from a boy so i'm probably wrong :p

Have you ever thought about going on the pill? i've heard that it helps with period pains as well as being a contraceptive :)

Yeh, the pill helps with my period pains. I used to get really bad period pains like you, they were so bad. Go to your doctors and they should be able to give you something that'll help with the pain :)
  • Options
    Yeah things like the pill can help with your period pains, my mate went on it for that reason and she said it worked wonders!

Hmm dont know what else to suggest really, go and see ur doccie about it he/she will give you something for it im sure. :)
  • Options
    I need to go to the doctors about my verucca as well lol so I might as well. Right so that's an appointment at the doctors and the dentist and the hairdressers I gotta book. Jeez.

Anyway! My mother said that there's this machine kinda thing you can use if your period pains are really bad, tens something I think it was, you put like these things where your ovaries are and it helps. She said she would get me one after I told her about my pains keeping me up all night, if I got any worse.

But I will talk to her about going on the Pill. Sounds cheaper!
  • Options
    Going on the pill could help, it did for me for a while, I have had such bad pains recently that I am physically sick with pain. Ive been to the doctors and they are sorting it out. Go see your GP they will find something to help you.
  • Options
    We have a feature on PMS here, but I would suggest cvhecking this out with your doctor and discussing the different options available to you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*

Anyway! My mother said that there's this machine kinda thing you can use if your period pains are really bad, tens something I think it was, you put like these things where your ovaries are and it helps. She said she would get me one after I told her about my pains keeping me up all night, if I got any worse.

a Tens machine is what some people use in labour for the pain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*

Seriously????? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*

yeah but its to relieve the contractions in your womb when in labour. period pain is also caused by the contraction of your womb!
    ive been put on the pill for the very same reason. only on the first packet so i dont know if its worked yet!
    go see your doc mrs x
  • Options
    u could be anemic(sp) coz i had the same prob and i went to the doctor and he said i was anemic.

I get really sore kidneys when i have my periods and feel really bloated and sore, it's horrible.
  • Options
    I had sporadicly quite horrific periods before I went on the pill, now just over 3 years later, I have decided to come off and im fine so thats my recommendation
  • Options
    My mum said the pill makes you put weight on :confused: and that it makes you 'hippy' I don't need that :no:
  • Options
    Hasn't done that to me, its a side effect though that can happen but it doesn't last long.
  • Options
    No IT doesnt make you put on wieght, the increased appitite does. just becarefull what you munch on.
  • Options
    hmmm my ex started the pill not long before we split up and it made her put weight on... she complained about it quite alot but tbh if i was in your shoes a little extra to grab over pains like the ones you suffer from is a good exchange, and whats that about making you hippy?...your mum think your gonna start sleeping with anything male?
  • Options
    Those womens 'premenstrual formula' tablets u can get from Holland and Barrett work miracles!!! When i took them i never, ever had cramps they just dissappeared, and before i started taking those capsules my cramps would leave me in agony.

They got their better than half price sale on at the mo so you should stock up!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    hmmm my ex started the pill not long before we split up and it made her put weight on... she complained about it quite alot but tbh if i was in your shoes a little extra to grab over pains like the ones you suffer from is a good exchange, and whats that about making you hippy?...your mum think your gonna start sleeping with anything male?

Well I am losing weight I think . . . my jeans are getting huuuuuuuuge. Either I'm losing weight or I did something to them when I customised them :confused:

And she actually said 'why? Are you wanting to have sex with someone?' as soon as I said 'I think the pill might work'. But I'm not planning on it. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't.

And lil_minx - do you have any links or anything to a site where you can get them things from??? Edited to say: I don't go out like, ever, and our house is internet shopping palace!
  • Options
    Just go to the doctors. There are loads of things they can try before putting you on the pill. My doctor was reluctant to put me on the pill, so I was on..three (I think) different sets of tablets over a couple of years before I went on the pill. They didn't work for me, but they might for you. If you don't want to go straight on the pill, just tell your doctor that and there are plenty of alternatives.

As for the pill making you put on weight - it really depends on the type of pill, and how you react to it. Someone could put on loads of weight, someone else might lose a lot. When I went on the pill I was told that the side effects were only likely to happen if I was prone to them anyway, eg. if I was prone to acne, I might get more. If I was prone to gaining weight, I might gain weight. As it happens, I lost weight and went up a cup size. So basically it depends.

Like I say, there are loads of alternatives to the pill, so if you don't want to go on it, just tell your doctor that. Or if you're worried about the side effects, just talk over it with your doctor. But the only way you'll get it sorted, if it really is that bad, is going to the doctor.
  • Options
    i was thinking bout going on the pill cos i got really heavy periods and really bad period pains. after 3 and a half years of coping with it they started to get lighter and shorter but the cramps are much worse. i didnt go on the pill out of spite to my ex cos after he'd asked me to i didnt want to cos it felt like he was trying to make me for his reasons.

anyways, cant really help with aleviation of cramps, i just put up with them cos i used to have a problem with my stomach that caused the same sort of pain but about a million times worse so even though they are really bad im just grateful i dont have the other pains