Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Further blow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A BNP councillor has claimed that there are 12 police officers in their party, what do you think about this and has this lowered your trust for the police, personally i don't care.

Comments

• Options
    I don't trust the police anyway... but I don't think it'd be all that risky... I mean 12 policemen? Big deal, I can't see it increasing racial hatred anymore than 12 policemen who were smoking pot would increase drug abuse in the force.
  • Options
    Re: Further blow
    Originally posted by turlough
    A BNP councillor has claimed that there are 12 police officers in their party, what do you think about this and has this lowered your trust for the police, personally i don't care.

Why is this worse that having 12 tories of 12 Labour members?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Further blow
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Why is this worse that having 12 tories of 12 Labour members?

Because they're Nazis? Just because some of them go around wearing suits and ties and acting 'respectable' doesn't hide the fact that they're backed by a load of neanderthals.
  • Options
    Far from it, I think terming them as "neanderthals" under estimates their potencial. The new people at the top of the BNP are pretty astute people. They know how to play upon peoples fear of imigrants, and other 'outsiders'.

This is a serious party and should be treated as such, yes they are 'nazis' as people put it. But just calling them that does no good, the causes of the hatred and sterotyping that gets them votes has to be treated.
  • Options
    If they were to ever get any real power all sorts of nasty bastards would come out of the woodwork then people would see who they voted in. They have a front that get on telly every now and again telling people all they want is a better pension for old ladys etc I don't believe that for a second, the people with the power in the BNP have some very worrying opinions.

Thankfully if they ever do make a real challenge I think we would get a lot more people voting just to stop them, like Le Pen in France.
  • Options
    You say that but Len Penn is, or at least was mayor of a large city on the coast which I cant spell.

Also they dont have to get into power to have an impact upon national politics, we have serious parties calling for islands off the coast to be used as 'holding pens'. That and internment for any non-national who happens to be in the country.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    we have serious parties calling for islands off the coast to be used as 'holding pens'.

For asylum seekers?
  • Options
    Yep, have you not heard about this, it was the conservatives, which although one can laugh and say arent a serious party are the offical opposition.

Plus the government itself are putting into place measures that will mean more asylum seekers will be processed in their own country, or one closer to their home. There are also measures to speed up the eviction of asylum seekers who have had their request turned down.
  • Options
    I vaguely remember something. TBH I don't think using an off coast island for processing is such a bad idea, the Australians have done something similar in the past. At least it would stop the ones telling porkies from running off.
  • Options
    First of all, do you know about how Austrailia treats their potencial imigrants? Like scum would be a good way of putting it.

Secondly, what island? The Isle of Man perhaps?
  • Options
    I know what the Aussies are like, I've got quite a few family members who live there. Theres no doubt that they treat imigrants like shit, but then again Australia looks after Australia. Genuine asylum seekers are treated fine, they just don't want hundreds of thousands of economic migrants.

I don't know which island, I'm sure theres one somewhere.

What would you do to sort out the asylum issue?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Further blow
    Originally posted by godscop
    Because they're Nazis?

And what difference does that make?

Should we also be concerned if there are any communists in the police force?
    Just because some of them go around wearing suits and ties and acting 'respectable' doesn't hide the fact that they're backed by a load of neanderthals.

1) Not neanderthals. To say that underestimates the impact that people like this can have.

2) How do we define what is acceptable political leanings for a policeman?
  • Options
    OK you've got a point about the police. They can have any political leanings they want, as long as they police to the law. Its an impossible situation, how do you monitor these things?
  • Options
    Going back to the asylum issue, which maybe should be in a different thread.

Personally I think WAY too big a deal is made of it, mainly by newspapers wanting to drum up some sort of panic so they can sell more. The story about the Queens swans is a classic example of that.

There arent 'floods' of immigrants at all really. However obviously the UK cant support unlimited numbers of people moving here, at least not with the current way of doing things anyway.

So first of all I would put money into trying to help the countries where they come from. Your never going to stop people if they are really desperate, so helping them to want to stay where they are is the best option. This could be helped by a gradual decline in world debt, although I'm not in favor of it just being abolished because some nasty governments in Africa would then just spend the extra money on nasty things.

Secondly I would, I think hold people who were applying for asylum in certain areas. BUT not prisons, and they should be treated with respect. Maybe old holiday camps would be an idea, just a thought.

People smuggling is fast becoming one of the biggest money makers for criminals, something has to be done to try and stop it. I heard about one part of the south of Italy where they think some 1000 to 1500 immigrants are being smuggled in every day. Now if they each pay, even $200, thats a LOT of money.