Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scotland Meet

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
im feeling a bit left out of all this shenanigans thats happening today down south. would anyone be interested in having a meet in scottyland??

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's cold up there though innit?
  • Options
    This subject crops up every month or so. In theory it's a great idea but we always end up argueing where the best place to meet is. The Glaswegians won't travel to Edinburgh. Edinburgh folk won't leave Edinburgh. Dundonians will travel anywhere to get out of Dundee and us folk in Aberdeen are too far away from everywhere and can't be arsed travelling.

But regardless of that I fancy a Scotland meet. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    This subject crops up every month or so. In theory it's a great idea but we always end up argueing where the best place to meet is. The Glaswegians won't travel to Edinburgh. Edinburgh folk won't leave Edinburgh. Dundonians will travel anywhere to get out of Dundee and us folk in Aberdeen are too far away from everywhere and can't be arsed travelling.

But regardless of that I fancy a Scotland meet. :)

i think we should organise one :)

not that cold mist :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i think we should organise one :)

OK then.

My house 6pm tonight. Bring a bottle. :D
  • Options
    No-one ever seems to have the balls to make firm arrangements :p

Two or three people should discuss it, and arrange it all. Then other people can come if they want to, but if it's already been decided it should be in Aberdeen or Edinburgh or wherever, then that's where it is. Do not moan and groan because it's too much travelling.

Anyway, I think a Scotland-wide meet is a bit ambitious. More regional meets would be better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

Two or three people should discuss it, and arrange it all. Then other people can come if they want to, but if it's already been decided it should be in Aberdeen or Edinburgh or wherever, then that's where it is. Do not moan and groan because it's too much travelling.

Anyway, I think a Scotland-wide meet is a bit ambitious. More regional meets would be better.

well ... i think we should at least attempt to try and organise something. it needn't be spectacular but i would love to try and sort something out. all those in favour say "aye"

im quite prepared to try and organise something if i knew that there were gonna be at least a couple of people there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

My balls were pretty firm thanks :p I mean err...

If you remember a while back, I did arrange one :p Practically every said they were going up until the last minute, then they pulled out. It ended up so few of us left it was pointless going through with it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    My balls were pretty firm thanks :p I mean err...

If you remember a while back, I did arrange one :p Practically every said they were going up until the last minute, then they pulled out. It ended up so few of us left it was pointless going through with it.

i cant remember that happening. when was it??
  • Options
    when was it??

Months ago. Can't remember when exactly.
  • Options
    If it's all the same, I'd rather not have half a pint glass lodged in my stomach, and I wouldn't mind keeping my system heroin free either.

But thanks for the offer, like. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    If it's all the same, I'd rather not have half a pint glass lodged in my stomach, and I wouldn't mind keeping my system heroin free either.

not all of scotland is like that. only a very small minority. probably the same as in englad too :rolleyes:

nobody's asking you to come along.
  • Options
    not all of scotland is like that. only a very small minority. probably the same as in englad too :rolleyes:

nobody's asking you to come along.

Yes. A likely story.

Oh come on, it was a joke. I'd have to be either extremely stupid or extremely naive to think that the entire population like to take heroin and glass people.

Every knows it's only the vast majority. There are a few sane ones. ...If you look hard enough. :p
  • Options
    Yes. A likely story.

Oh come on, it was a joke. I'd have to be either extremely stupid or extremely naive to think that the entire population like to take heroin and glass people.

Every knows it's only the vast majority. There are a few sane ones. ...If you look hard enough. :p

lol. sorry. it didnt come across as a joke

im quite a slow person. today especially :(
  • Options
    If it's all the same, I'd rather not have half a pint glass lodged in my stomach

Woah hold on there, we're not made of money. That kinda thing's done with a Bucky bottle.
  • Options
    Woah hold on there, we're not made of money. That kinda thing's done with a Bucky bottle.

lol. good ol buckfast. where would scotland be without it!!!!
  • Options

Someone tried to doit to me with a White Lightning bottle. And they're plastic ;o
  • Options
    i like your AV kiezo!
  • Options
    lol. good ol buckfast. where would scotland be without it!!!!

Probably fighting uncontrollable nationwide drug and violence problems.

Oh...wait....
  • Options
    thought that was just a glasweigen drink?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    i like your AV kiezo!

Cheers ;)

Lesbian :p
  • Options
    The only way i would travel that far is by plane & at the moment i can't. Don't wanna be going into labour miles from home.