Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

remember me?? Well......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, remember me?? Havent been on here in ages.
Anyway Ive just got a quick query, i hope you guys can help. Im thinking of getting some ceramic straighteners for my hair. Everyone keeps going on about these GHD ones but they are so dear. Since theyve been out awhile does can anyone recommend any that are as good as these for a wee bit cheaper? On asseenonscreen they have "Thermo Ceramic Straightening Iron by Hairtools" for €80 which is a good bit cheaper than the ghd (about €130!!) Does anyone know if these ones are any good?
Hope someone can help. Oh, and do any of you know a site where the ghd ones or another good one might be cheaper?
Cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    Hellooo!!! :D

theres these ones, cheapest i've seen so far
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Hellooo!!! :D

theres these ones, cheapest i've seen so far

lol, thats the exact page I was on about on asseenonscreen lol. Thanx though :) they are €80 on that site. Do you know if they are any good? I dont wanna blow €80 on them if they are shite. Im a poor student again
  • Options
    i got the hairtools ones for £30 + p&p off ebay.

and they are every bit as good as the ghd ones, imo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Homer's Love Child
    lol, thats the exact page I was on about on asseenonscreen lol. Thanx though

D'ya know what....I saw your name and the phrase "cheap cermaic irons" and that was all I read :p Really just wanted to say Hi! lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i got the hairtools ones for £30 + p&p off ebay.

and they are every bit as good as the ghd ones, imo.

I forgot to check ebay! lol. Im so silly. I might even find the ghd ones on there for cheaper. Thanx. My hair is sorta straight already but since i got it cut its been driving me mad. The layers kinda stick out. Gonna go check ebay now. Thanx :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    D'ya know what....I saw your name and the phrase "cheap cermaic irons" and that was all I read :p Really just wanted to say Hi! lol

Ah thats sweet, hi to you too :)

I got it into my head bout an hr ago that i wanna get some good straightners so Im gone mad looking for some on the net now. My credit card is gonna suffer tonight! lol
    I just hope I'll use them if/when I get them
  • Options
    I remember you, Hi! Can't help you with straightners though sorry. :p
  • Options

Thanx. :)
    DO you no how to get those prices in € on that ebay site. (this is the first time ive used ebay) Also if its not too much trouble, can any of you's see any ghd ones on there? My silly internet connection keeps cutting off. I think its trying to tell me not to buy them, lol.
    Them hairtools ones look pretty good :)
  • Options
    Thanx. :)
    DO you no how to get those prices in € on that ebay site. (this is the first time ive used ebay) Also if its not too much trouble, can any of you's see any ghd ones on there? My silly internet connection keeps cutting off. I think its trying to tell me not to buy them, lol.
    Them hairtools ones look pretty good :)

duno how to do it on ebay but like, open up another window and google a currency convertor. canny member the one i use but they're good. it's the first one that comes up on google anyway.

and yes, i remember you...t'other irish person. now there's like...5 of us? lol
  • Options
    Helo HomersKid :)
  • Options
    Here are the GHD ones. But I dont think it converts it to Euros. Sorry.
  • Options
    change it to euros, tbs

and to be helpful...the first ones are bout €125...
  • Options
    i got my hairtools ones off ebay. Theyre fab and were delivered within 3 days. Dunno about euros though.
  • Options
    Babyliss Straight and shine 3 are ceramic straighteners with ionic vents to stop frizz theyre pretty good, protect your hair too apparantly theyre 30 squid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Helo HomersKid :)

Hello! :)
    Thanx for all the replies people. Still cant make up my mind which ones to buy though. Im so indecisive! Its a toss up between those hairtools ones or these ones by Saks that are bout €100
  • Options
    If your hair is reasonably straight at the moment, I'd go with the cheaper option. GHD's etc, are fine if you're a total frizz head at times, but if you just want the whole poker straight sleek deal, then go with the £40 thingies. Or whatever it is in Euro's.
    I hated Euro's when I was in Ireland in the summer. And I totally forgot they charged for plastic bags.
    Anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    If your hair is reasonably straight at the moment, I'd go with the cheaper option. GHD's etc, are fine if you're a total frizz head at times, but if you just want the whole poker straight sleek deal, then go with the £40 thingies. Or whatever it is in Euro's.
    I hated Euro's when I was in Ireland in the summer. And I totally forgot they charged for plastic bags.
    Anyway.

Yeah I live here and even I keep forgetting bout the plastic bag thing. One time I brought just the right amount of money to the shop and had to carry milk, eggs, toilet roll, tampons, bread and pizza all the way home cos I didnt have the 15 cent for the stupid bag. damn shop assistant wouldnt give me one for free :mad:

Anyway as for the straightener, I have an old remington one already but its kinda crap. Cost about 30 pounds about 5 years ago which would be bout €40. I hardly ever use it though. My mate had ghd ones on hols though and they were brill. She used to do my hair every night with them. I really want to get good ones but Ive got a feeling i'll prob never use them. Im real lazy when it comes to doing my hair. It is sorta straight already though. I wanna get good ones that wont take too long to use.
  • Options
    had to carry milk, eggs, toilet roll, tampons, bread and pizza all the way home cos I didnt have the 15 cent for the stupid bag. damn shop assistant wouldnt give me one for free :mad:

But you saved a plastic bag from a life stuffed in the cupboard under the stairs! Doesn't that feel good? :D
    (Once your arms stop aching).

I have an old remington one already but its kinda crap. Cost about 30 pounds about 5 years ago which would be bout €40.

AH, but we've come on a long way from the days of those buggers that used to burn your fingers and fry your hair to a crisp.
    As long as they're ceramic and a good brand, they'll work along the same lines. There's no point spending £100 just to get rid of a few kinks.

Save your pennies for your plastic bags. :yes:
  • Options

Save your pennies for your plastic bags. :yes:

lol :D

Thanx for the advice :) Im gonna put off buying one for a few days and see how i feel then. To be honest I dont really need one, I just want one for doing my hair before a night out. I wouldnt bother using it everyday or anything.

(ps I should be studying for an exam that i have tomorrow :( )
  • Options

Anyway.

stupidest. rule. EVER