Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the boroughs near where i go to college, the local police are really cracking down on drugs. There has been a big cocaine bust, all the pubs are systematically raided for drugs, and on top of that, for the past few months a few towns are on a system for testing drugs at clubs.

I think there are three towns in the scheme, one week the police will be at all the clubs in one particular town & doing drugs tests on every person at the doors, if they fail they get searched and not allowed entry, if they pass they can go in and if they refuse, they are refused entry. The police will then take their fancy testing devices on to the next town for a week.

Do you think this is a good idea? os a waste of time and money?

Im all for it (i havent been to those clubs since i lived there when i was 14 so im all for it because im not affected by it!)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The point is that the police KNOW there are dealers and drugs in clubs, they're not all totaly stupid. They let it happen.

So if they try and bust everyone who goes to a club and does drugs they would have hundreds of thousands of small charges to put through the courts and they can afford it. Its never going to happen.

This type of action is MUCH more likely where the polic have nothing better to do and actualy have the time to persue all the charges.