Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What the biggest phone bill you ever run up?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've not run up a big bill when I'm using the phone it's self but when I was on a PAYG ISP I ran up about a £400 bill. :/ I've gotta use another PAYG at the mo to as my payments to BT have been stoped.

Comments

• Options
    not on me mobile this was a land line for internet access, but it weighed in at £1230 roughly. and a new pair of underpants
  • Options
    I haven't personally run up a big bill, but when i first met my boyfriend we used to talk for hours at night (LDR) and because bt cellnet were charging him about 50p a min :eek: he used to get bills for about £300. After a few months his dad made him get a PAYG, as he ended up paying most of it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RonHaze
    not on me mobile this was a land line for internet access, but it weighed in at £1230 roughly. and a new pair of underpants

Bloody hell, no wonder u needed a new pair of pants!
  • Options
    £67.

and i nearly had a heart attack.

my ex housemate had a £650 one one month. and she didn't seem that bothered :eek2:
  • Options
    it was in the thousands! I was looking after a house while they were on hol, he said to me, run up as big a bill as you want, as i'll be skanking it anyway. So i did. Its turns out he was giving it the big'un and went med :lol:
  • Options
    My Friends at Uni's flatmate were all from Greece and would call Greece fro their mobile phone and spend £400 per month on calls to Greece - I could never understand why they simply didn't get a landline and use something like Onetel or whatever to call!!

They all had part time jobs and every penny they earned went to pay the phone bill.
  • Options
    £98....considering I get 250 free mins and 100 texts I thought that was quite bad :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I dont like to think about it... i live with my rents, and as i dont have a job they pay my bill... last time it was £600+ (£550 of which were calls to my friendsnumbers) :eek2: they barred the phone but for the last few months have forgotten to lock it, so ive been calling mobiles (dont like to call landlines incase the person im looking for isnt the one who answers-silly little phobia) and i have friends in australia and cousins in south africa and morocco... so i think the next phone bill is going to be equally as nasty.
  • Options
    umm about £100 i think on my contract, thats with 500free msgs a month and free call time! I txt wayyy to much, like on my PAYG mob, topped up £10 on sat, re-topped up £10 today! and i get 300 free msgs a month on PAYG! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    (dont like to call landlines incase the person im looking for isnt the one who answers-silly little phobia)

I thought it was just me who did that! :D
  • Options
    £57, with 200 free texts, and this was TOTALLY texts! Oh and then there was the one that was £41 over only two weeks, still with 200 free texts and also TOTALLY texts. Man that sucked! Got my phone taken off me for that :(
  • Options
    £467.96 in one month....
  • Options
    I havent run up any huge ones, but in the other direction i made a tenner last for something like 6 months by being anal and only using free texts. Not that anyone REALLY wanted to know that:)
  • Options
    In August when I was in Africa and got my A-Level results... rang a lot of family and friends.

£104.
  • Options
    Generally all year round its between 4000 and 6000 quid a month...depends how often i call you lovely people who love me :p oh and i never call land lines....eurgh same thing as lil_minx and *Tink*

*runs and hides*
  • Options
    when i was on TheSite in 2001 i knew this girl who was an agoraphobic and never went outside, she just spent all her time indoors using the site and calling all her friends from here.

She once got a bill for over £1000 - ouch.

As for me, it was probably when i got £200 after i first discovered the internet on compuserve. rip off ISPs suck
  • Options
    Most I've ever ran up is a couple of hundred quid for a quarter.

My mate just got his bill in from BT for over £500!!!

He was on a 'dodgy' site and it installed one of the XXXdialer things on his laptop. So every time he switched the laptop on it was automatically dialling this premium line number without his knowledge. Found it very hard explaining it to the wife. But I baffled her with science and she accepted the explanation.
  • Options
    it was in the thousands! I was looking after a house while they were on hol, he said to me, run up as big a bill as you want, as i'll be skanking it anyway. So i did. Its turns out he was giving it the big'un and went med
    What does this mean in English please? :confused: Is it that he said, run up as big a bill as you want because I won't pay it anyway. It turned out that he was bluffing, and went mad when you did run up that large a bill?

I've run up £250 for a quarter for being on pay per minute internet (with BT). Now switched to a monthly pay package!
    I can't understand people who have bills of £4000 :eek: , and also people that have a phobia of phoning a landline? If someone else answers, you just politely ask for whoever it is you do want!
  • Options
    My own biggest bill was £150. However, I work for O2, and I did serve 2 customers some months ago who worked on different cruise ships. Each month they each ran up a bill of over £500.....each.