Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Addicted When Drunk - I WANT TO STOP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, I've got a problem. I don't particualrly like taking drugs - not because of the effect it gives but because of the feeling I get afterwards and the daft things I do when on them. It go's like this for me - Monday to Friday - drunk and drink free with an attitude of 'No, I'm no doing any drugs this weekend' - then boom, have about 4 bevy's on a Friday & Saturday night and I go on a mission looking for e, Coke, or speed etc. Thing is, I live in a smallish town where everyone really just go's to the pubs, there's no night clubs etc, so if I'm on any of the above, particularly e, the whole place knows and I get a bad name for myself!! I like to be seen as a clean living guy!! The other thing is, I am single and want to find a nice girly, but in those nicks I have no chance!! I just seem to be well addicted to taking drugs at the weekend and with all good intention beforehand I seem to lost it when slighly drunk and go and make a complete arse of myself - how can I stop - any ideas, or does anyone have the same thing????

Comments

• Options
    your problem is not addiction. your problem is dumbass behaviour! this is not a go at you. i've done plenty of dumbass behaviour over the years.
    i don't have any answers but i'll bet you do.
    if you were answering the question you posted ...how would you help someone ...what advice would you give?
    the advice you would give is probably the advice you need to be listening to.
    best of luck mate.
  • Options
    Get a cab into Edinburgh.
  • Options
    By the sounds of it you live for the weekend, live on then.

Just whenever your drunk there's not much you can do if you want other drugs because whenever people are drunk they do stupid things and that's your stupid thing...getting other drugs, personally i don't see a bother in what your doing but..

Or else you could maybe drink somemore.
  • Options
    if it only happens when your drunk...heres an idea...DNT DRINK!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    zella ...your a friggin genious! why does the obvious always escape me?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella

well why didn't i think of that one ;)
  • Options
    Go with Rollys advice, and Zellas!!!

Both top, espesh Rollys!