Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does feminist mean...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
That they are pro-equal rights or that they are pro-woman. I get confused and it seems to me sometimes that feminists are people who are anti-men and believe that women will inherit the earth are better etc etc

One of the most upsetting comments I've heard recently is that there's no need for men because with two x chromosones you can make another woman, so you could just 'spawn' hundreds of test tube girls.

I think feminism is getting mixed up with pro-woman sexism these days....

Comments

• Options
    I read an article about 2 years ago about creating babies from just females. It can be done.
  • Options
    Re: Does feminist mean...
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    One of the most upsetting comments I've heard recently is that there's no need for men because with two x chromosones you can make another woman, so you could just 'spawn' hundreds of test tube girls.

Christ, a whole fucking world full of women.

Synchronised PMT anyone?
  • Options
    feminism is SUPPOSED to be about equality for women, but its been hijacked by dungaree-wearing militant slags like Germain Greer (yes, the one who thinks pre-pubescent boys are sexy- note the deafening roar of people screaming "pedo" at her) who just want to put men down all the time.

Equality I go for, but all these silly bitches who think that theyre better than me should just get in the damn kitchen and make me some tea!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Does feminist mean...
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Christ, a whole fucking world full of women.

Synchronised PMT anyone?

lol :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Equality I go for, but all these silly bitches who think that theyre better than me should just get in the damn kitchen and make me some tea!
    can they make me one while theyre there?

should be about equality
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    I read an article about 2 years ago about creating babies from just females. It can be done.

I know, it was the nasty highlighting of the uselessness of men (i took it personally) that I found upsetting.
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Re: Does feminist mean...
    Originally posted by bad seed

Synchronised PMT anyone?

Cities would crumble, empires would fall... Men'd be down the pub.
  • Options
    feminism was always about creating equality for men and women, but when it started, it had to be about promoting women, because women had sooooo few rights and were like second class citizens. Nowadays women are seen as pretty much on a par with men in this country, although generaly earn less for the same job as men, so theyre still not acheived real equality.
    People these days dont like to be called feminists as theyve come from a situation where all the hard work and fighting has already been done, so its hard to imagine what it was like for women right up till fairly recently.
    I dont actually like the WORD feminist, because i think it does imply thinking women are better, when in reality, that is not what real feminists think. I prefer the term egalitarian, although i definitely have very feminist principles, and I think a lot of people do these days (women AND men), even if they dont like the title.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    a couple of quotes to think about....

"0

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat."
    Rebecca West, 1913 (quoted in Faludi, Backlash)

I LOVE that quote :D