Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bloody postal strike!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
And here we go again! another one! This is really begining to piss me off.
last time i could deal with it cos, yes i had a check in the post and it took an extra week to get to me, but i wasnt deperate for the money, but this time! GRRRR!
Ive got a check for £150 due to me, and i need it! i need to get a new phone, i need to get my mates birthday pressy and im mean to go up to northamton on monday and i dnt have enough money to pay for the ticket now! its such a fucking piss take!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    so when am i likely to get it if it was put in the post box on friday?

im in north london if that mkes th slightest bit of difference
  • Options
    power to the people and all that....
  • Options
    do you know where it is? is it everywhere?

i've just noticed we've had no post for a few days, and normally we get loads.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    do you know where it is? is it everywhere?

i've just noticed we've had no post for a few days, and normally we get loads.

Well im in London, not had post for a while didnt know there was a strike just thought nobody hated me enough to send bills or bank statements etc anymore :p but have a few mates who live in Dartford in Kent where ive lived before and went to see them yesterday saw 50 post men sitting outside the post office on strike.

Did see a few post office fans driving about though, and one went into a small post office to collect some stuff when i was standing outside having a fag..

so as far as i know, its london and north west kent... i dont know about the rest.
  • Options
    ffs i NEED that check! grrrrr. looks like i'll be having to raid my car fund account. grrrr!
    :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I believe it's just London striking at the moment due to the row over London Weighting - although there is a National dispute over pay. *shrug*

Nah, like i said i went down to Kent the other day and they were striking there, all sitting outside the big post office with bonfires n stuff.
  • Options
    maybe its just in london area.. post between manchester and leeds is fine.
  • Options
    im in essex and still seem to be getting bill's through my door....

got one today as it goes... ut yeah anyway stupid postal strike... i want ilora to send me a postcard but she wont cause of the strike... blurgh!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if it's affecting Oxford?

We've got a really important letter to post, so was wondering whether it's worth doing it when we're over there next week to be on the safe side?
  • Options
    post is ok here in buckinghamshire...and post is ok in liverpool, cos i got a letter from liverpool uni asking me to go for a selection interview next month.... :( well its good, but im gonna be so nervous :scared:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    post is ok here in buckinghamshire...and post is ok in liverpool, cos i got a letter from liverpool uni asking me to go for a selection interview next month.... :( well its good, but im gonna be so nervous :scared:

Two things.....

1. Yay!! Buckinghamshire!!
    and
    2. Congratulations :)
  • Options
    i dont get sent post