Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just lately, well over the last year Ket has started to become a real big thing in hard house and trance clubs. Im kinda confused because when im in a club like that i take pills and stomp all night. I dont see the sense in taking something that could make u paralysed. Im i missing something here? I've been offered it on numerous occasions and my curiosity is starting to get the better of me!

Comments

• Options
    Well yes it can knock you out but it doesnt have to really, in light doses it sort of works as a stimulant, a bit like you get with booze sometimes.
    I used to use it in the evenings a while ago, just do a little bit and get a nice floaty feeling, it stops you thinking totaly too.

If you are planning to use it be very careful, only use it at home, it can be a VERY powerful experiance, up there with the strongest trips you can do.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    TheSites page on ketamine might have some information for you, and Erowid's information is always worth a look.......
  • Options
    On a personal point of view I love it and cant get enough of the stuff once I have it. Its not for everyone and trying it at home first is a must if you want to be sensible.
    Small amounts and frequently in a club are amazing, you feel the music and my co-ordination feels better than ever when im dancing. Just make sure you dont have too much on the first line :D
  • Options
    A friend of mine did 500mg oraly his first time and didnt really like it, he thought he had died and had a serious introverted trip inside the dark side.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    A friend of mine did 500mg oraly his first time and didnt really like it, he thought he had died and had a serious introverted trip inside the dark side.
    I have known the meaning of life quite a few times, I have forgotten to get into cars and even licked my mates floor.....:blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I have known the meaning of life quite a few times,

Your just a muppet if you think you know the meaning of live now while under the influenence k
  • Options
    I'm sorry but how dare you tell someone they havent had a spiritual experience on a trip?

I mean, were you there?

I know quite a few people who have had very interesting and powerful trips on ketamine, and I think along with all the other trips CAN be used to help people experience things they would have never normally done and this can be very helpful.

Although there a flip side to this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lenny
    Your just a muppet if you think you know the meaning of live now while under the influenence k
    Your a fucking muppet for thinking that I think I do.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Now now, nobody is a muppet and no sweeping judgement calls allowed. Think what you like and then try to say it in the most seemingly inoffensive way possible please.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Now now, nobody is a muppet and no sweeping judgement calls allowed. Think what you like and then try to say it in the most seemingly inoffensive way possible please.
    Sorry!

*if you cant say something nice, dont say it at all*
  • Options
    Just think about what you said,
    I've had a bad experience and got an addiction to gear, it wasn't a long addiction(less than 2 years) and me being only 19 I was at a very young age to do the drug.
    But when I finally cop'd on and got the help needed. I think I know a better meaning of life now that I am on the drug and not thinking about how great i was while on the drug.
    You may have felt what you felt, but lets not forget it that you didn't feel it while in your right state of mind.
  • Options
    You were addicted to ketamine? Curious, I always thought that was actualy quite hard to do because of the tolerance issue.

As for feeling things while on drugs that arent 'real', I'm not sure its as simple as that. Yes in a lot of cases a drug experience doesnt have any depth, any, real learning potencial. But there are loads of examples of people really learning something from a drug experience to dismiss them in an off hand way.

We could also stray into the realm of what is 'real' and not, what we perceive is so based on a mix of chemicals in our brains that we are never objective. In fact I've heard that its possbile imbalances of DMT, 5-meo-dmt and DIPT which all occur in the brain in tiny amounts that could be one of the causes of some mental disorders
  • Options
    Just think about what you said,
    I've had a bad experience and got an addiction to gear, it wasn't a long addiction(less than 2 years) and me being only 19 I was at a very young age to do the drug.
    But when I finally cop'd on and got the help needed. I think I know a better meaning of life now that I am on the drug and not thinking about how great i was while on the drug.
    You may have felt what you felt, but lets not forget it that you didn't feel it while in your right state of mind.
    WTF?? You have serious issues!! If you had any intelligence you would see I was light heartedly taking the piss out of myself for it!! Im not saying it was true or that I know the meaning of life you crazy person! I was posting, simply what had happend! Did you fail to see this? Yes I think you did. Lighten up will you? Oh and I dont care about your past experiences, simply as its blatantly obvious your trying to score points, with your past! You know nothing abou me dear and im glad you dont.
  • Options
    Id just like to add, all the experiences on it, do alter me after, for the better, as I really have seen things in a different light :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    You were addicted to ketamine? Curious, I always thought that was actualy quite hard to do because of the tolerance issue.

ketamine is actually very habit forming
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    ketamine is actually very habit forming
    I do have to agree with this. When the feeling of it wears off, it leaves me gagging for more and more.
  • Options
    I wasn't addcited to K, it was gear.
    As about understanding your lightly hearted post, I failed to see you were humourious, my appologies. but I only have 10 posts here as with you have over 4,500 so I am trying to get to know people!
  • Options
    I wasn't addcited to K, it was gear.
    As about understanding your lightly hearted post, I failed to see you were humourious, my appologies. but I only have 10 posts here as with you have over 4,500 so I am trying to get to know people!
    Well dont just assume things! Ask questions first dear!
  • Options
    'Gear'? What do you mean?

As for ket being habit forming, yes of course it isand yes it is physicaly addictive too, its just my mate bought a shit load a while ago now and he said to me that the tolerance that he got almost prevented him from getting addicted.
  • Options
    gear, i take it he means heroin.
  • Options
    Ketamine is a very powerful drug, I have had some really strong feelings while on it & I feel I have learnt a lot about myself & understand myself more after taking it.

That may not make sense to people who have taken it never mind people who haven't.

The effects of ket are hard to describe. I don't think it is massively addictive, I have it every few weeks but if I can't get hold of any it's not a problem, I'll go without. I don't like taking it whilst out, I had some at Global and had a panic attack in one of the tents and scared the shit out of one of my friends. I'll only take it in a house now with people I know and trust, as if you feel in any way uncomfortable it could really send you the wrong way.

As for not being able to have a spiratual experience on it, I think that's nonsense. And being the better side of an addiction doesn't make you any wiser to the effects of drugs on other people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Chris MS

As for not being able to have a spiratual experience on it, I think that's nonsense. And being the better side of an addiction doesn't make you any wiser to the effects of drugs on other people.
    As a drug user yourself, you should know better than to dismiss peoples experiences. Afterall, I have never suffered from panic attacks nor do I have to be at home to take it. I, however, dont dismiss your views and say I think they dont exist, as, ive never experienced them. Nor do I doubt that it could happen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    As a drug user yourself, you should know better than to dismiss peoples experiences. Afterall, I have never suffered from panic attacks nor do I have to be at home to take it. I, however, dont dismiss your views and say I think they dont exist, as, ive never experienced them. Nor do I doubt that it could happen.

I'm not dismissing anyone's experience.

As a site member with over 4 thousand posts you should know better than to jump on your high horse without reading people's posts properly.

I said "as for not being able to have a spiritual experience on it, I think that's nonsense"

I was agreeing that it is possible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Chris MS
    I'm not dismissing anyone's experience.

As a site member with over 4 thousand posts you should know better than to jump on your high horse without reading people's posts properly.

I said "as for not being able to have a spiritual experience on it, I think that's nonsense"

I was agreeing that it is possible.
    Yeah! Maybe I should! So sincerest apologies there dude, my bad.

*jumps off her high horse*;)