Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

This is pathetic but...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i like a girl mate, her bf dumped her for another girl about a month ago. I sorta liked her and as i spent some time with her got to like her more. I decided that i was going to wait until Novemeber before i tried anything (if i did i never have before) but...

shes met a guy at a party (they are not together....yet....if atall?) and she keeps going on about him too me. She doesnt know how i feel about her but hereing her say this is making me feel so many things

Upset because i wont be able to try
Angry because im upset over her happiness.
Confused
Depressed as this is the 5th time in a row a girl i like has got with a guy.
My chest feels all weird..really

I dunno what to do. People tell me to tell her how i feel because then she'll stop telling me and upsetting me. But it isnt that easy, ive ruined so many freindships over liking people. I dont want it to happen again:crying:

Please help me

(edited to add...shes my best girl mate, i dont wana lose her:( )

Comments

• Options
    Well, you shouldn't have been so slow with asking her out, and shouldn't have put it off.
    It may still not be too late. Though telling her now might annoy her more than anything else, and might not be good timing if she's got her eye on someone else. Do you think anything will come of her and that other bloke though? If not, then hold off telling her until she's gone off him a bit. Though you could be kicking yourself if they start seeing each other, and it gets serious. :(
    Telling her how you feel could make things awkward between you though, so it's not something to do lightly as you could loose a friend. If she's a good enough friend though, then you'll both get over the awkwardness and continue to be friends.

Good luck, whatever you do/don't do.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Oh the days, this brings back memories...

If your best mates then i think theres little chance of anything happening, but then again it might..

She needs to know how you feel mate, if she dont know then nothing can be done about it...

Iv been in your shoes before and its not a nice feeling at all so i feel really sorry for you but the best thing is to try and let her know in anyway that you like her etc...

You dont have to spoil a relationship by telling her your feelings, if shes your best girl mate then she should listen and be sensitive about it...

Hope things go well mate, all the best!!! :)
  • Options
    I was being slow because i didnt want to give the impression that i was diving straight in after her bf treated her like shit. Im not exactly how serious she is about them getting together but on the last two nights on msn she keeps going on about him and has said things like 'he's sooo cute' and 'i hope he wants me':(
    The more she says this though the more i feel down. People say to tell her to stop it but it would be completely pointless now, and i dont want to just do it over msn or text or anything even if i did.
    Oh btw i see her as my best mate but i dont think im like her best mate or anything.
    I mean i dont get to see her that often, it just so happens that on Saturday im covering somebody at work and will be working with her. I dont think i want to do anything before then maybe because it may be very awkward. But then again do i have a choice? Im going to keep feeling worse and worse otherwise.

EDITED TO ADD: HES JUST ASKED HER OUT AND SHES WELL HAPPY
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    EDITED TO ADD: HES JUST ASKED HER OUT AND SHES WELL HAPPY

Poor luck mate; all you can do now is be happy for her.
  • Options
    I know, im trying a really am:(

Its all she goes on about though
  • Options
    sorry to hear that. Hurts dont it.

It doesnt sound right but maybe your waiting is a good thing. She has just come out of a relationship and now maybe on the rebound, and rebounds dont last long at all!

Give it time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Amnesiac
    sorry to hear that. Hurts dont it.

It doesnt sound right but maybe your waiting is a good thing. She has just come out of a relationship and now maybe on the rebound, and rebounds dont last long at all!

Give it time.

i cant sit there hoping for a relationship to fail though, thats not nice!:(
  • Options
    ok, well ive decided i cant tell her that i like her. Im just going to try and get over it i guess.
  • Options
    My best bloke mate likes me-I've known for yrs, its always been the same-I think he's stopped likin me and then he'll tell me when he is drunk. He knows alot of previpous boyfriends haven't liked how close we are and when I split with my recent ex I realised i shud be with him-if it were an amercan sitcom I wud go out with him.

Thing is tho its so awkward-if you do tell her, she may find it too awkward-or be like me and take it ok but not do anything with it. It will help in stopping her from (unitentionally) rubbing your nose i it tho-i no longre tell my best bloke mate bout blokes. Still best of mates.

I hope it all goes well whatever you do and whatever happens and it sounds like you really care about how she feels too so she's gotta good mate in you.:)
  • Options
    thanks, i havnt seen her online in a couple of days so i havnt had her telling me all this for a bit so it seems to have gone down a bit. Still i do not like the position im in
  • Options
    Re: This is pathetic but...
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

My chest feels all weird..really

I've been in your situation once and it was awful......... looking back I think I just fell for her because there was no one else around at that time. She wasn't even my type and i didn't even find her that attractive....... we are still mates though :) Might be best just to keep quiet now, that's what I had to do :( I then met the girl of my dreams 3 months later........ even though that caused a lot of heartache even now :(

I've quoted the above sentance because I know exactly how you feel, it's very hard to describe isn't? I find worse on a morning, you wake up fine and then within 5 mins there is this weird feeling, like a weight or something?
  • Options
    i got that feeling most when she was going on and on and on and on about said guy:( Yeah it got to me soon after waking though
  • Options
    Ok i was working with her today, and um basically towards the end i got really really nervous, i was even shaking and quite flustered. Had to talk to one of the other girls about it. On another note the guy she likes works in the shop accross the road and she insisted on pointing him out and stuff. Thing is from what she says she got like i did around her when he came into the shop today.