Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tony Blair, heart scare

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tony has been released from hospital following pains in his chest.
Read the headlines http://www.itv.com/news/
Amazing how he is home after 5 hrs, I wonder how long the average person would have to stay in just to get seen, let alone released.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he will use this an an opportunity for him to hand over to Gordon Brown gracefully so that things will be easier for him once they find him guilty of involvement with the death of Dr Kelly and the illegal war against Iraq?
  • Options
    How dare you suggest that Tony did somehow get preferential treatment at A & E Becky? I'm sure he waited his turn like everybody else. ;)

Anyway, all this stress from people accusing him of lying and taking the country to war without reason is clearly getting to him. Shameful behaviour by us all! These things wouldn't have happened under Churchill I say. Leave the man alone. How do we dare question him when we're in the middle of a war against the forces of evil?

He is clearly in need of a holiday to recharge his batteries and relax a little. May I suggest a two-week break here:

iraqmap3.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    How dare you suggest that Tony did somehow get preferential treatment at A & E Becky? I'm sure he waited his turn like everybody else. ;)

Anyway, all this stress from people accusing him of lying and taking the country to war without reason is clearly getting to him. Shameful behaviour by us all! These things wouldn't have happened under Churchill I say. Leave the man alone. How do we dare question him when we're in the middle of a war against the forces of evil?

He is clearly in need of a holiday to recharge his batteries and relax a little. May I suggest a two-week break here:

iraqmap3.jpg
    if that wasn't so dreadfuly close to the truth ladin i'd laugh ...but i want to cry!
    i reckon it's smoke and mirrors time. they've been looking out over the river at david blaine ...
    the smoke and mirrors trick will now ease gordon into the job before the next election and all kinds of accusations and denials will fly about and before you know it he will have retired to the lecture circuit ...and we'll all live happily ever after.
  • Options
    It's a very real prospect I'm afraid. Not only he can retire 'with dignity' but New Labour can try to shake off the Iraq issue once Blair is gone, while the man himself is given an easy ride after doctors warn that more stress could be dangerous.

Shame they didn't extend the same courtesy to Dr. Kelly eh?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    It's a very real prospect I'm afraid. Not only he can retire 'with dignity' but New Labour can try to shake off the Iraq issue once Blair is gone, while the man himself is given an easy ride after doctors warn that more stress could be dangerous.

Shame they didn't extend the same courtesy to Dr. Kelly eh?
    i've always believed our tony to be a sincere and very clever man ...he got out of his depth. what happens to people when they get to the top ...they seem to loose the plot and many end up believing in their own imortality i think.
    look at george ...the god of the known universe and beyond has decided that george can talk to him directly ...lets hope god doesn't answer in riddles ...
  • Options
    Re: Tony Blair, heart scare
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Amazing how he is home after 5 hrs, I wonder how long the average person would have to stay in just to get seen, let alone released.

Possible heart attack? About the same, for admission/treatment.

Remember we now have maximum of four hours to either admit the patient or treat them and send them home.

But I'm not foolish nough to believe that he didn't get "special" treatment - as would any security risk. We have to ensure that space is available anytime he, or a member of Royalty is in the area.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i've always believed our tony to be a sincere and very clever man ...he got out of his depth. what happens to people when they get to the top ...they seem to loose the plot and many end up believing in their own imortality i think.

I agree Mr Roll, I think by the time you get to that position there are too many compromising forces at work....
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    I agree Mr Roll, I think by the time you get to that position there are too many compromising forces at work....
    it must be impossible to remain honest, idealistic and altruistic when you are surrounded by very ambitious people who will lie cheat rob and generaly do whatever they see fit for their own agendas. how can you remain relatively innocent when living in the midst of wolves? to survive and prosper you must become sharper and meaner than your enemy. sad reality me thinks. i don't believe tony has what it truly takes to be as mean and vicious as those who surround him. his downfall will be the fact that he did actualy care ...and was foolish enough to think he would be able to carry on caring ...amidst the lies and bloodshed. doesn't strike me as a guy who's consiounce will alow him to feel good when he looks in the mirror each morning. R.I.P OUR TONE!
  • Options
    I think he's been a good leader for the last few years. and I completely second all of what morocan's said. Not wanting to turn this into another Iraq based thread, I'm pretty convinced his reasons may have been based on exemplifying iraq to other rouge 'undemocratic' states in the area, not WMDs.. of which incidentally there is only one, and thats the WMD in my pants. (thank-you, thats my gag, using that for AGES)

I think he's done well. facts speak for themselves really, we're at allmost full employment, take a look in hospitals now and they're all kitted out with hi(er) tech equipment, feel bright clean etc. waiting lists aren't the end to it all, its the service you get when you're there (to regurgitate a phrase, the feel good factor).
  • Options
    didnt he go to stoke mandiville hospital? 1st he lives in my county then he gets treated in my local hospital. Damn him :P