Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

memory loss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to have a really really really bad memory have had it for a long time but recently its gotten a bit worse again, i can forget really stupid things, i wont go into detail and bore yuo shitless like but lets say that i am slightly worried by this, I think a contributory factor is stress frm working so much atm, and from other things that are bothering me, But im posting this ask if anyone has any ideas as to how to improve my memory, or anyone know of any websites with advice i could use ??

Please coz this worries me slightly

Comments

• Options
    I could use a bit of anything as long as it helps me remember things coz my memory is terrible..

Take the other day for example, i forgot completely i was even on that bus home until a m8 from work said to me i know you got the bus home last night, even thought he wasnt on the damn bus, but blimey i forgot i was on the darn bloody bus :eek:

Dont get me started on the rest :lol:
  • Options
    Gingko Biloba, is it? I know one of my parents took something, and I can't remember (oh the irony) if it was that or ginseng. Dunno how good it was like.
  • Options
    Re: memory loss
    Originally posted by rich21
    I seem to have a really really really bad memory have had it for a long time but recently its gotten a bit worse again, i can forget really stupid things, i wont go into detail and bore yuo shitless like but lets say that i am slightly worried by this, I think a contributory factor is stress frm working so much atm, and from other things that are bothering me, But im posting this ask if anyone has any ideas as to how to improve my memory, or anyone know of any websites with advice i could use ??

Please coz this worries me slightly

Know what you mean. My memory is horrible. Don't know why, either, but it's horrible, at times. Not all the time, but sometimes and it gets frustrating at times, but for me, I'm not too worried about it.

But sorry, not sure of anything to help with it though.
  • Options
    I know what you mean mate. I suffer from terrible short-term memory. I can walk into a room and totally forget why I went there. Always losing my keys or glasses.

Things like stress, bad diet, low blood sugar and lack of exercise all contribute towards bad memory. I blame all these for my crap memory.

But there other lthings that might contribute. Check out thesite for more info.
  • Options
    Yep, Gingko Biloba is the herb that is reportd to help memory. Also, I don't know if you take drugs or smoke pot, but they usually have a good go at messing up your memory powers, so best to avoid 'em!
    ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    Yep, Gingko Biloba is the herb that is reportd to help memory. Also, I don't know if you take drugs or smoke pot, but they usually have a good go at messing up your memory powers, so best to avoid 'em!
    ;)

No No No Um drugs are bad M'kay :lol:

Never touched drugs never will....Just plain old bad memory
  • Options
    hi there rich21 i have the same problem i forget to meet people and daft things like where i left my phone and too set my alarm for work ...........and my boss has a right go at me :mad: i think its just a problem most people have dont worry about it and remember:) its not just you!