Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ceramic straighteners (so men need not read this lol)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You lot were right! I bought some ceramic straighteners for £70 and they are so much better than ordinary straighteners. My hair has kept straight for three days, now I'm gonna go wash it and straighten it again! They are brilliant! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    are you talking about ghd (good hair day) per chance?

I also bought a pair and they are so good, :D

*runs fingers through lovely hair*
  • Options
    you spent 70 on a straightener?!
  • Options
    Yeh, my money I worked for, better than spending it on alcohol, at least this straightener is gonna last. Also thats cheap, GHD straighteners are usually £90 - £100.
  • Options
    i spose it might not be that much for you, but since your money is worth like 3 time what mine is it just seemed like heaps. I mean i spent $159 on mine, and it's the top of the range, so i spose that's no more than you.

i'm glad it's going well for you! my damn hair is so think it takes ages to straighten my hair, so i don't do it often *sighs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    Also thats cheap, GHD straighteners are usually £90 - £100.
    No they aren't, I got mine for £50 from my hairdresser. He still has them for £50 in his shop now!
  • Options
    and havent most of the GHD straighteners sold in the last year been recalled? Im sure i heard something about that. It was on watchdog, something about them catching fire.
  • Options
    btw, I have the hairtools ones, they were £35 and fab!
  • Options
    it depends on your hair type, for some people, the cheaper ones will work a treat.

my ghd's cost £90. worth every penny. i feel sorry for my hair though :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    btw, I have the hairtools ones, they were £35 and fab!

are they good?

i just got some off ebay for £30 and wondered how they compared to others...

i got my hair ghd straightened after it was cut on friday, and it looked SO nice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    and havent most of the GHD straighteners sold in the last year been recalled? Im sure i heard something about that. It was on watchdog, something about them catching fire.

Yeh it was on Watchdog, but out of everyone I know that owns a pair (which is a hell of a lot of people!) no one's had a problem with theirs!

My mum bought me some GHD's for my birthday, so I don't have to steal hers now :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    are they good?

i just got some off ebay for £30 and wondered how they compared to others...

I love mine. :)
    Ive never tried GHDs so dont know if theyre as good, but the hairtools make my hair lovely and straight. They have different heat settings for different types of hair, and i always use it on the highest one. Theyre a third of the price of GHDs though, so thats got to be good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Yeh it was on Watchdog, but out of everyone I know that owns a pair (which is a hell of a lot of people!) no one's had a problem with theirs!

My mum bought me some GHD's for my birthday, so I don't have to steal hers now :D

mine caught on fire. in the middle of doing my wig. brought them back and got new ones. well dodge.
  • Options
    My first pair of GHD's melted. The on/off switch melted to the Off position, and started smoking.. so I took them back and was given a new pair. No probs with my new ones, as of yet :)
    (I paid £90)

Ilora x
  • Options
    my hair straightenrs quite easily so the babyliss ones i bought for £40 of the net work a treat, they are really so good!!
  • Options
    hairtools. £30. ebay. :heart:

these little things have revolutionised my life.

ok, i exaggerate, but they are very good.
  • Options
    love, love my ghds. Although can I ask what styling products you ladies use with them. I know you can get the ghd hair oil but I heard that it can make your hair sticky if its fine. Do have the protection mist from the Lee Stafford Poker Straight range but I don't like the smell.
  • Options
    I'm pleased to hear someone is happy
  • Options
    I don't have GHDs, I have the Babyliss ones that are basically the same, only they're about 35 quid. They were great at first, but I think my hair's getting used to them now, or something :( Sure it straightens it... but it leaves the goddamn ends flicked under/out :mad:

But back to the point, I use Charles Worthington straightening spray, and also a Umberto Giannini wax stick thing which gives a kinda bedhead look and smells gooooorgeous.
  • Options
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    Although can I ask what styling products you ladies use with them. I know you can get the ghd hair oil but I heard that it can make your hair sticky if its fine.

ghd do a new protection spary to use with them, it's not at all sticky like the serum they did before.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    ghd do a new protection spary to use with them, it's not at all sticky like the serum they did before.

yep, use the spray stuff. its lush. love my ghd's!!
  • Options
    Ok so I have really thick hair that is naturally curly tho i don't wear it curly or ever define my curls proper! I I want some straighteners that work. I had it straightened at my hairdressers who said i should only get it done professionally. I thought this was a crafty way of making money.

I got some nicky clarke straighteners on offer on hol (£15 from £30) but they didn't work. So anyone with very bushy hair...GHD best?
  • Options
    GHD all the way :yeees:
  • Options
    wouldnt be able to live withpout my ghds