Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting Over Her

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

long time listener first time caller so be gentle with me. :)

after never really having any contact with girls i finally met one, and we were seeing each otherfor about a month and i adored her. but now she has broke it off with me and is now seeing one of my close friends!! which is driving me up the wall, and here in my room im thinking of how much i want to hurt him.

2 weeks on after this all happened im still thinking about her constantly, so how do i get over her? i know time is the ig healer but i cant wait that long its gonna take months. And i cant move on to another woman cos im too shy to even speak to girls i fancy.

Any help please?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    well this must be really tough for you. first of all ur mate cant be too good a mate if he's started seeing the girl you was with and really adored. You said you really want to hurt him but that wont solve anything. the best thing to do would be to talk about it to him, tell him how you feel when you see them two together. this might sound pointless and no, it wont get her back, but it will get a big load off ur back.

It probably seems like you will never get over her but believe me you will, even if it does take time and soon you will meet another girl who will be much better than her. But maybe you shouldn't adore her too much all at once and then if things do go wrong it will be a lot easier to get over her and move on. :)
  • Options
    Ouch, that hurts to be dumped while still in that lovey dovey honeymoon period of a relationship. :( It makes it worse than if you'd been seeing each other for some time in some ways, as you're still getting to know her, and still have those bouncy warm feelings. It hurts to have that pulled away from you suddenly. And it's worse when you're dumped. And there's the double whammy in this case where she's going out with one of your best friends - mind you, what does that say about her? (ie she's not as nice as you may think, and isn't really worth sulking over).
    Yes, you will get over it in time. It's like mourning. Some people can just get stright over it, but most take a few months to shake the feelings. Finding someone else can help a lot, but beware if you're just going with someone else on the rebound just because you feel that you need someone.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I fell sorry for you mate, it took me 6 whole months to get over a girl i liked and now were really good mates.

This probably sounds pointless but talk to both of them and say how you feel..

Remember, its not hust your mates fault, its both of them...Violence wont solve anything..

Hope your feeling better soon :)
  • Options
    thanks for your replies :wave:

its just a case of waiting now i guess. It gets a little better every day i dont see or speak to her but then i have my off days where she really gets me down.

Ive spoken to my friend and he ask me "well what do you want me to do?". I cant say end it cos i dont feel its my right to control their lives like that. But whatever happens ive lost him as a friend for a very long time if not forever