Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends ? or more...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone...

ok here goes..

well I've been best friends with this guy for about a year now but he has always had feelings for me and since I 've known him I haven't had a boyfriend. I care about him so much and think my feelings for him might be turning into something else (other than friendship) . The other night he tried to make a move but I pulled back and ended up telling him I don't want to be anything more than friends but the thing is everyone thinks we are together anyway and we even hold hands and stuff..!? but I have NEVER kissed him.
He treats me with so much respect and I always think that I will never find a guy who will treat me as good as he will.
BUT then I think if I wanted to be with him I would KNOW and not have mixed up feelings after a whole year :confused:
What should I do ? give it a go or stay friends and find a boyfriend ? (like I say its been a whole year !)

Someone plz give me advice on this one...

Thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    Do you fancy him or not?

Is he Mr Right or Mr Right-Now?
  • Options
    I have made the mistake of thinking more into my feelings for convenience, its not good.

Kermits right, do you fancy him or not? there is your answer.
  • Options
    well thats a good question and I think i would say no I don't fancy him...
    but the thought of being with another guy makes me feel bad... how stupid is that ?! but thats probably cuz i know how he feels about me... what do u think ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by AnonymousLaydee
    well thats a good question and I think i would say no I don't fancy him...
    but the thought of being with another guy makes me feel bad... how stupid is that ?! but thats probably cuz i know how he feels about me... what do u think ?
    I think its a big fat NO
    Trust me ive been there, you will only hurt him more hun. If you dont fancy someone, then its not a good idea to be in a relationship with him. I hold hands (blokey) with my best mate, we hug and cuddle up but best friends do this. Dont mix your feelings!
  • Options
    You sure it's not also because you want a blokie in your life and you know that he's a safe bet? I don't mean this nastily but maybe subconsiously you're thinking, hold on, no need to be on your own, got a lovely bloke here so why not.

I sometimes wonder about my best mate. He's a lovely bloke, respectful, wouldn't hurt me and would be great for me. Problem is i just don't fancy him and i would never step past the friendship boundary no matter how low i get.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I think its a big fat NO
    Trust me ive been there, you will only hurt him more hun. If you dont fancy someone, then its not a good idea to be in a relationship with him. I hold hands (blokey) with my best mate, we hug and cuddle up but best friends do this. Dont mix your feelings!

Well I think you said it there in one.

Thanks a lot everyone.

One more thing, think do you think I should tell him (again) that I dont have the same feelings for him that he does for me ? I don't want to break up our friendship but I think he needs to understand this time ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by AnonymousLaydee
    Well I think you said it there in one.

Thanks a lot everyone.

One more thing, think do you think I should tell him (again) that I dont have the same feelings for him that he does for me ? I don't want to break up our friendship but I think he needs to understand this time ...
    Only bring it up if he does. Then its best to be honest with him, otherwise he will think you like him and make moves and you will find him sleezy, you will then go off him even as a friend. Tell himthe truth but tell him you love him more than life as a friend and that hes got the better side of you, just being friends. :D