Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hit and Shit List

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mate swears by a hit & shit list. At the end of the week him and his g/f write up a list of 3 things that annoyed them about the other or something they did wrong. And also 3 things that they did right. He says it's great for clearing the air.

I still have my reservations.

What is everyone elses feelings on a hit/shit list.

Comments

• Options
    i wouldnt mind but tried it before and it didnt work because she gave conflicting things:

need space
    need more attention

in the end i think she wanted me to be there and make her feel special and loved, but didnt want me getting in her way. heh.

could work in a healthy relationship..
  • Options
    Depends what it is doesn't it

What if it's something you liked at the start of a relationship, but after hearing/seeing it so often it now annoys you.

And you have one of these little meeting and "clear the air" but only he/she is heartbroken because you always said you loved/liked that about them!

They start doubting you, perhaps calling you a liar. You've just open up a whole can of worms that didn't need to be open, all because something annoys you. Was it worth ending the relationship over?

Well, too late for regrets now. :p

Something are best left alone I think. I can pretty much bit up with most things. If I can’t, then the relationship will end. Simple.
  • Options
    I dunno. What happens if one was overly sensitive?!
  • Options
    Sounds like a recipe for regular arguements to me! :eek2:
  • Options
  • Options
    It seems a bit unnecessary to me, like your asking for trouble in the relationship
  • Options
    GOD!! I dunno if thats a good idea!! There are things that annoy me about my boyfriend but I'm not sure I could take weekly criticism myself let alone dish it out.

I suppose you'd be balancing it out with positive stuff but what if the shit sticks?

if I had a shit list it would be the same every week...

youo drink too much
    you piss all over the place (Not just the seat) and don't clean it up
    You sniff all the time and although I know its your adanoids its still annoying

And a fourth!! how come the sharing of the 'dog duties' means I do all the dog walking and you spend all evening winding him up !!

Hit list though...for this week.....

The salmon dinner you made me was fucking superb and just what I needed
    thanks for the cuddles lastnight when my cold was really bad
    your reaction when i cut two inches too much off your new trousers making them too short for reasonable wear and thus wasting the money you spen ton them was remarkably mild....Tip for the future..if you want something doing well, do it yourself
    :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Hmm...like an appraisal at work :\

That's the way I see it.

I prefer the old fashioned if-you-do-something-that-pisses-me-off-then-you'll-be-the-first-to-know method swiftly followed up with the
    if-you-do-something-that-pleases-me-I'll-do-my-best-to-provide-multiple-orgasms-tonight method.
  • Options
    My friends and i used to do that every month or so when we were at school. It would all be anonymous and written on a bit of paper and read out to each other, sometimes it was really good and helped, other times it ended up erruptions. Im undecided about it.

I dont think id like it if my fella criticised me about three things every week, i dont think id liek to criticise him. If its something big then it should be talked about, if its not big enough to cause big problems then why dredge it back up?
  • Options
    I think it would probably cause more arguments than solve them.

I know it sounds a bit weird, but if its not broken, dont fix it.