Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

GEORGE BUSH coming to the UK...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It has been confirmed by Buckingham Palace that George W Bush will be visiting Britain on the 19th, 20th and 21st of November. This will be a state visit.

People will be outraged at this fêting of the warmonger in chief even as Iraqis are dying daily. The Stop the War Coalition will be organising demonstrations and a number of other events and stunts on every day, including a National Demonstartion on Thursday 20th November of his visit to make it clear that he is not welcome here. Put the dates in your diary now!

Let’s make it clear to this government that George W Bush is not welcome here and that if he does come, he will get a reception he will never forget. see www.stopwar.org.uk for more.

Comments

• Options
    Do we know wether he will be staying with Mr Blair ? It has been rumoured in our local papers that he will be staying with him at his house in Trimdon for a couple of days.
  • Options
    What I never got about people like you is, that you all advocated "talking" to Saddam, clarifying with him, treating him nicely, yet you won't do the same with someone who's been democratically elected, and who you'll probably have more of a chance "talking" to, than Saddam.
    Yes you may call me stupid, but I don't get the logic.
  • Options
    Re: GEORGE BUSH coming to the UK...
    Originally posted by Shining on
    It has been confirmed by Buckingham Palace that George W Bush will be visiting Britain on the 19th, 20th and 21st of November. This will be a state visit.

People will be outraged at this fêting of the warmonger in chief even as Iraqis are dying daily. The Stop the War Coalition will be organising demonstrations and a number of other events and stunts on every day, including a National Demonstartion on Thursday 20th November of his visit to make it clear that he is not welcome here. Put the dates in your diary now!

Let’s make it clear to this government that George W Bush is not welcome here and that if he does come, he will get a reception he will never forget. see www.stopwar.org.uk for more.

If it looks like Steelgate, and smells like Steelgate...

Could it actually be Steelgate...?
  • Options
    Bush was NOT democratically elected. Time to get past the spin to the truth Jacq.

The 2000 election was a travesty of vote rigging, electoral fraud, and unconcstitutional superceding of the will of the people by the majority right wing US Supreme Court.

But then, the veneer of legitimacy bestowed on his election by the media is so much easier to believe than the underhanded railroading of the process by powerful vested interests.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Bush was NOT democratically elected. Time to get past the spin to the truth Jacq.

Shall we leave that discussion for another time?
    I think we can at least agree on the fact that he isn't a dictator, and he isn't behind the killings of civilians who have protested against him, or who have done anything else to bemuse him.
  • Options
    No one talked of treating Saddam 'nicely' and everyone acknowledged him for the monster he is. The logic is Jacqs that the 'talking' to Saddam was to avert a war. You can be sure that if Saddam were to visit London on a state visit he would get a very angry reception indeed.

And equally, as another monster prepares to visit Britain it is only normal that people are already gearing up for such "illustrious" guest.

Most people would be happy (for want of a better word) to negotiate with tyrants like Bush or Saddam in order to avert armed conflicts that cause far more damage than good (as it has been proven beyond any doubt). Another quite different thing is inviting a tyrant to the country on a state visit and expect the people to give him the respect he does not deserve.

It is just typical that Bush should be coming during the week I'm away on holiday. In fact he lands on the day I leave. Sadly I fly from Gatwick, but if by any chance he were to fly to Gatwick instead of Heathrow I could yet make my feelings clear and join the 'welcome committee'.

Bloody shame I'm going to miss it- I have been searching Google for samples of the "Bush is another word for c unt" t-shirt and happily discussing in other forums possible action to be taken (water balloons filled with red dye, rotting eggs, banners, drums) for the chimp's visit.

Anyway, to those who can make it, please do so. Don't let this murdering, lying, two-faced hypocrite think anyone in this country likes him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Bloody shame I'm going to miss it- I have been searching Google for samples of the "Bush is another word for c unt" t-shirt
    Please edit brackets after this. I don't want them to remove that method :p
  • Options
    Done. There are other ways to beat the censor anyway. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Done. There are other ways to beat the censor anyway. ;)

ARGH! I thought you were talking about something else, and never noticed the space between :eek2:

Okay, yes I know there is another method, which was the one I thought you'd used, which you hadn't, hmm.
  • Options
    Shining
    even as Iraqis are dying daily.

And who is it that is killing these Iraqis?

Terrorists and other Saddam supporting Iraqis with their homemade remote control explosives aimed at coalition troops, humanitarian workers and UN employees.

If these bad guys are eliminated by coalition forces well I won’t be shedding any tears.
  • Options
    Bush was NOT democratically elected.

Total BS!

Have you been out of the country so long you've forgotten basic constitutional history? Do you recall the Electoral College?

Do you recall that Bush was not the first President in US History to be elected by the Electoral College while not obtaining a majority vote?

Do you recall a little theory called checks and balances which is the main reason for the Electoral College? Why do you think each state no matter its size has two representatives in the Senate?

Get over it. Almost everyone in the nation has save extreme left wing elitists. Oh sorry that explains it.

US Counties won by GW Bush in the Nov 2000 Election.

ffbush2000counties.gif

Red is Bush, Blue is Gore Any Questions?????
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    It has been rumoured in our local papers that he will be staying with him at his house in Trimdon for a couple of days.

I dont know, but it seems likely- The Echo seem to have good sources anyway.

But the Blairs and Bush in the same house? 20 miles from here? Does anyone know somewhere that sells semtex, I have the need to take out the trash...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Shall we leave that discussion for another time?

Not really, its really quite relevant.

I think we can at least agree on the fact that he isn't a dictator

The definition of a dictator is someone who rules a country without a democratci mandate. Care to illustrate how Bush isnt a dictator?

and he isn't behind the killings of civilians who have protested against him, or who have done anything else to bemuse him.

All those bombings in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the torture camps of Guatanamo Bay must be a figment of my imagination then...

Hes not as BAD a dictator as Hussein was, or as the new leaders of Iraq are, or as the Taleban were, or as Musharraf is, but thats neither hither nor thither. he is still a dictator.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandito
    Red is Bush, Blue is Gore

Interesting choice of colours...
  • Options
    Bandito: Bush didn't win Florida. He cheated- or rather, his brother and those nice people who illegally barred tens of thousands of black citizens from voting, did.

Bottom line: if it wasn't for the fraud and the cheating, Gore would have won Florida and thus the General Election.

How does it feel to live in a country governed by a junta who staged a coup?
  • Options
    Aladdin
    Bandito: Bush didn't win Florida. He cheated- or rather, his brother and those nice people who illegally barred tens of thousands of black citizens from voting, did.

That's totally untrue. Several independent commissions have determined even if Gore was allowed to recount in the selected and heavily Democratic counties he wanted he still would not have gained enough votes to win Florida. This was a blatant attempt by the Gore Team to turn democracy on its ear, and damage the creditability of the incoming President.

It must have worked to some degree because 3 years later the mindless still trumpet the same old song, "selected not elected."

But all that aside, if Gore had only won his home state of Tennessee or Clinton's home state of Arkansas the contest in Florida would have been moot.
  • Options
    Putting aside the issue of how many votes would either candidate would have won by (and a few dozen votes margin on either side is a very small one, and one open to abuse as it was proven by the overseas ballots) the fact remains that tens of thousands of black voters were purposedly removed from the electoral roll for various reasons ranging from the tenous to the plain ridiculous. Since 90% of black citizens vote Democrat, the simplest of mental calculations can show that the Republicans did indeed cheat their way in.
  • Options
    i can't believe there are still people here who say things like bush doesn't kill inocent people!

off topic just a teeny bit ...do you people know whats going on in afghanistan? it is now worse in most parts of the country, to be a woman than it was under the taliban?
    the same old warlords still rule 99% of the country but ...they have been personaly given millions of dollars and as many weapons as they ask for ...by bush ...so that they can protect their opium harvest ...the biggest in history! by xmas heroin will be almost free in the uk and purer than ever.
    no mr bush doesn't kill and cheat ...
    and what about the pearl harbour they needed ...the pearl harbour effect they were trying to work out to get their nazi agenda backed by the gullible U.S public? oh yeah ...new york ...
  • Options
    A good point. Afghanistan, the forgotten country. No one would miss the Taliban, one of the most horrifying regimes ever, but the situation hasn't exactly improved since their departure...

I tell you who are forever Bush supporters: the hundreds of thousands of heroin addicts in Europe and elsewhere who have seen Afghan exports rise by more than 1,000% since the fall of the Taliban. In fact, 90% of all heroin now in the UK comes from there.

Incredibly, just before or during the invasion of Afghanistan in 2001 Phoney Bliar was telling us that he had good proof the Taliban regime was encouraging opium growing and flooding Europe with it... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandito
    Red is Bush, Blue is Gore Any Questions?????

Yes, why are the colours that way round? Surely as the left(ish)-wing candidate, Gore should be red.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Bush didnt win the election... Hellooo.. he DIDN'T WIN.. gore should have won.. the only reason Bush went into iraq is to finish off what his father started.. and can you let me kno if he is stayin in trimdon?

Talk about constructive and useful...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Talk about constructive and useful...
    jacq ..,please, just for a change give us 'a point of view' on the subject in question. it would make an interesting change from monocrat like statements or single sentences.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    jacq ..,please, just for a change give us 'a point of view' on the subject in question. it would make an interesting change from monocrat like statements or single sentences.

I think you'll find I already commented on the initial subject in the start of the thread, if you would bother reading :)