Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how do you sleep?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you sleep in the same bed with your partner, how do you sleep?

Facing each other, backs to each other...

I know we all like the thought of sleeping in each others arms, but do you really do that all night?

If you wake up in the middle of the night, are you still holding them or what?

Comments

• Options
    He was never home so I was usually alone :/

But when he was, we just slept seperate most the times, like 2 different people in 2 different beds... only it was one bed. Once in a while his arm would be around me
  • Options
    How do I sleep? Badly. :(

Oh, with a girlfriend. I see.
    In that case, sometimes one or the other cuddled up to the other's back (spooning), sometimes facing each other (often holding hands). Sometimes back to back, wiggling bums against each other. :) There's no point in making a point of cuddling up if one of you just can't get comfy in that position.
    I generally only fall asleep cuddling up when I'm really tired and exhausted, otherwise I can become uncomfortable quite quickly, and have to move. I'm a bit of a fidget in bed.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    normally cuddled up cuz we arent that often in the same bed together at night.
  • Options
    I'm most comfy with my back to him in a 'spoons' position and fall asleep straight away, but then he wakes me up complaining my hair is in his face :rolleyes:

We usually manage to sleep in very bizarre and unusual positions which are surprisingly comfortable but very tangled... but then we wake up at opposite ends of the bed.

And he steals the duvet.

Sleeping really isn't my favourite activity in bed with my boyfriend...
  • Options
    Spoons for me. Im normally the front spoon and him the back spoon :D

And 95% of the time when we wake up, we're still cuddled up, tis quite sickening actually :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i fall asleep cuddled up to him in the little nook (ya know like him on his back with his arm around me, me on my side head buried by his armpit) but when i wake up in the night one of us has normally rolled over and the other one of us will be spoonin behind them :)

we sleep a lot more cuddled up when it colder at night, in summer i just tend to be sprawled out naked on the bed :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    isummer i just tend to be sprawled out naked on the bed :lol:

I dont have to wait a whole year do I? :flirt:

I would normally try to sleep cuddled up- but I can only real sleep on my stomach kinda to the side, so I always end up like that. I try still holding hands or whatever but normally just till she is asleep!

Do you sleep on your stomach?

NO!

Well then- can I?
  • Options
    I always sleep really badly so I need to be comfortable so normaly I'll lie on my side, either facing my wife or the other way but not that normaly do we sleep really close. I know she would rather we slept closer but if we do the whole spoons thing my arms go numb and its uncomfortable.
  • Options
    i always have to sleep on my left side, so thats what i do, if it means im facing someone, have my back to them cuddled up or if they have to sleep on the right then so be it. Just what ever happens!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    I dont have to wait a whole year do I? :flirt:

not if you get me hot and turn the heat up doctor lurve :flirt:
  • Options
    we start off cuddling, but then we get hot (lol no pun intended).
    then we usually do spoons, but then we just stick to each other .
    then we go into usual sleeping position which is me on my stomach and him on his side with his arm round me, both facing the same way (towards the wall).
    thats on a general night.

when its the winter we always snuggle as close as we can cuz it gets cold and i have a thing about leaving the electric blanket on at night.
  • Options
    A bit freestyle really - I'd never had a single good nights sleep with a girl until my current young lady, we just fit really well together in every aspect so we're both really comfy in bed.

It's nice to cuddle up and stuff but you soon get uncomfy, so we just sleep however we feel comfortable.
  • Options
    Me and Asa tend to fall asleep with arms round each other. Which ok means we both end up awake at the same time and since he has a bad back it's quite regularly, but it's just so muhc nicer sleeping in his arms. with past blokes always faced away from each other and it's just been so cold and unloving. Me and Asa always sleep either in spoons with out arms round each other curled up together, or I'll lie curled up next to him with my head resting on his chest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    I'll lie curled up next to him with my head resting on his chest.

auw :)

sorry i haven't ever slept with a partner and every1 here seems to be puttin me off :p but that was a sweet one so hey :)
  • Options
    Well at first I used to cuddle upto my ex spoons like but I can't sleep like that at all so I tend to sleep on my front. I hate it when they breathe on you though when trying to sleep, very annoying. She was always making herself comfortable and me being in awkward and uncomfortable positions eventually I had enough of this and if she did this I'd get out and sleep on the floor. She wasn't the best to be with in bed! :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    I spent ages being single so i really did get used to having the bed to myself. When i got with my ex it was really easy going at first but then the more i couldn't sleep, the more i'd fidget and then the more wound up id become because of a random arm across me or something.

Thinking it about it now, with the majority of my ex's i've ended up waking in the morning curled up into them with my back against their chest and an arm wrapped round me. Must admit that's a lovely feeling :)

*shuts up* i'm going soft in my old age :yuck: