Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

rapid weight loss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I've been losing alot of weight. Like to the point where a few months ago I had to buy new pants 2 sizes smaller than usual, and now those pants don't even really fit :/

I rarely exercise, and that hasn't changed in forever, I eat the same as usual, and I've been to the doctors enough times and had enough tests where if something were wrong physically, they would have noticed it by now.

Granted I'm not really complaining, but I'm quite curious, as I don't really have a reason for it to be happening.

Comments

• Options
    usually it's something like depression or stress.

your body uses up LOADS of energy overstressing, and it can make the weight fall off.

it does sound like you're losing quite a lot of weight, and that's not healthy. it might be worth a trip back to the doctors just to double check there's nothing going wrong internally.
  • Options
    if you start taking the pill, or change to a new pill, certain makes can make some people lose weight. could that be it?
  • Options
    well its not anything with the pill. But can stress really make somebody lose that much weight?
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    well its not anything with the pill. But can stress really make somebody lose that much weight?

it can do. it changes the way you eat as well, so you don't notice you're eating less, but you are.

it can depend on your general health. mine's appalling, and in really hard times, i can lose about a stone and a half (20+ lbs) without really noticing.

but seriously i would check it out with a doctor.
  • Options
    have you been abroad recently? you might have worms or something like that, which no matter how much you eat, you still lose weight... (i think!)