Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Im a student living in a large city and I suffer from axiety which is preventing me from sleeping at night. I worry about noises in the night, wake up suddenly, its making me depressed and homesick.
The news doesnt help with talk of rising gun crime etc...

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    *Huggles*

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such bad anxiety and such. Have you talked to your GP about maybe being putting you on an anti-anxiety medications?

I have a lot of anxiety myself and have been put on an anti-anxiety medication and it does help, for the majority of my anxiety and the attacks, but still have those days when just nothing seems to help, but I do know how and what it's like to have anxiety attacks and such.

*Huggles*
  • Options
    have you just started at uni? sometimes a big change or shock in your life can cause anxiety. ive always been kind of anxious but after i had a big shock regarding my health it got worse!
    i know what its like, sometimes uit seems so irrational. i feel so stupid sometimes because of the irrationallity of it at times.
    go speak to your gp.
    hope i gets better soon x
  • Options
    gawd, i know how you feel. i have the most awful anxiety problem (which my family think is the funniest thing imaginable and do stuff life jump out on me cause they know i'll crap myself).

you can try anti-anxiety medication, although some of the side effects aint that great...

but i found the best way to overcome it, or learn to live with it, is to talk about it. maybe see a counsellor, maybe just make/talk to a really good friend.
  • Options
    Re: Anxiety
    Originally posted by miztas
    Hi,

Im a student living in a large city and I suffer from axiety which is preventing me from sleeping at night. I worry about noises in the night, wake up suddenly, its making me depressed and homesick.
    The news doesnt help with talk of rising gun crime etc...

Please help!

I'm sure your new uni has councellors I'd make an appointment to see them, there are also supposed to be certain herbs and stuff you can get from health food shops that help with calming you, don't know if they work but may ..