Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Muscle cramps...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Muscle Cramps

Do any of you get muscle cramps...mainly around the calf muscles.....Ive been getting mine for just over a yr now on and off sometimes i can go for a few months without one then get three 3 days in a row, and thye get more painful with each one

Ive spoken to a doctor on the phone who was no help what-so-ever !! :mad:
And just last month i was at the doctors itself seeing a doctor about it because i had one that lasted 10 minutes, had to scream to wake my mum she had to literally pull my foot because i couldnt move it at all.

The doctor i saw said that my circulation was fine so ruled that out, Fitness isnt a problem as im constantly on my feet and i go to the gym a couple of times a week, I am thinking that it could possibly be down to my diet, or rather lack of it ...

The doctors here are not interested in helping so i am hoping someone on here can give me some suggestions as to how i can go about getting rid of this very painful problem or even if you know a site i could go to that has information i havent had any luck so far...

If ive missed anything i'll edit this lol...

But please if you read this and have any suggestions
at all add it because i want rid of this as soon as possible

Comments

• Options
    medical advice
  • Options
    I have spoken to the doctor about this before as I was experiencing the same thing. He advised me to drink tonic water in the evening - it contains quinine which is apparently a really good cure for cramp. Give it a go!
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    I have spoken to the doctor about this before as I was experiencing the same thing. He advised me to drink tonic water in the evening - it contains quinine which is apparently a really good cure for cramp. Give it a go!

Cheers :) think i will do just that...im at the point right now wher i'll try just about anything because the pain is just so bad.....thanx :)
  • Options
    have you tried massage, or stretching exercises?

my body cramps up really easily, and sometimes something as simple as stretching out can help.

and it's not like it costs anything to try :)
  • Options
    i know what you mean.. i been getting cramp feelings every so often in my calf muscles for 2-3yrs now i jsut though it was due to growing up.. just hurts for a few min thern disapear and it occers often during sport. im not that worried about it for me i grown use to it and is part of a routine for me..

try a diffrent docter or something exercises and streches like kaffrin said are a good idea,

hope it gets sorted mate.