Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help on phones: 3510i or 6100?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a chance to get a new mobile, and I'm not quite sure which to go for. I currently use a Nokia 3510, which I'm generally happy with, but wouldn't say no to an upgrade! I'm trying to decide between a 3510i for free, or a 6100 for £40 - I know the 6100 is a superior model, but I don't need the camera attachment.

My main worry is that the 6100 is too small! I'm concerned that it would be harder to text using a keypad that small - does anyone have either of these phones, who could advise me?

Comments

• Options
    There really is not that much difference between the one you have and the 3510i.
  • Options
    I hear the photo quality on the 3510i is awful, plus it can't even TAKE photos.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Neil
    I hear the photo quality on the 3510i is awful, plus it can't even TAKE photos.

i have one and basically its got a colour screen, yet the resolution is very low (comparitively) - what i want now (tho i wont get one cos no money) is one of those fancy flip phones with the camera cos they have good screens :D)

hope i helped :p
  • Options
    My fella has the 3510i and I think it's rubbish...it's way too big and bulky and just not nice, don't think much to the functions on it either. I've just ordered the 6100 for myself but without the camera attachment for £19.99...can't wait to get it. But then I've been wanting a little phone for the past year. :-D
  • Options
    on the subject of mobiles, has anyone seen those tiny little panasonic phones which are slightly larger then a matchbox? they really take the piss, the buttons on the keypad are tiny! i'd get really paranoid about losing the bloody thing if i had one,lol
  • Options
    Just an update to this thread: I eventually got a 6100, but am a bit concerned about sound quality. Whenever the person on the other end talks, there is an intermittent buzzing that is very annoying - has anyone else had this problem?