Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

one of my best friends hates me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I found out today that somebody that I thought was one of my best friends hates me and has been bitching behind my back. I have recently been scratching myself, and have been really unhappy, but she has been saying that my reasons for being unhappy are rubbish and that I shouldn't be scratching myself, she says I have been attention seeking and that she was never like this when her mum died. However, her mum died quite a while ago and, after a couple of weeks off school, she came back saying she didn't even cry. I don't understand why she is now saying that she got depressed and I am sure she is lying just to make me look bad. My other best friend was sticking up for me and saying that I was sort of trying to get attention but only from my mum. She doesn't realise that different people have different reasons for being unhappy, and one person may find another person's reason stupid. She has also said I am pathetic for going out with somebody that lives in a different part of the country to me and that I have only met once, as I know him via the internet and it takes over 3 hours to get there. She thinks I am pathetic for being with him, and she refuses to let me love him because she knew him first. I thought she was my friend but she has said that she hates me more than my other friend who I know she isn't exactly fond of. It has really upset me, and, having only just managed to stop scratching and sorting out my problems, I am scared that this is only going to make me start up again and maybe even worse. :(

Have you got any advice on how to sort this out as she doesn't seem to want to say anything to me about it. I only found out because my best mate told me because she thought I should know, but after she had spent the whole lunch our bitching about me, she then started being friendly with me, as though she has said nothing. I had no idea she had said anything until I was walking home with my best friend and she told me.

Can you help me sort this? I don't want to start the scratching again, my hands are really buggered up as it is, and I don't want to do it again, they are only just starting to heal up.

Comments

• Options
    OK, please excuse me if I am a bit biased but one of my best friends has just gone into hospital for reasons not miles away from this.
    Don't go back to cutting yourself just let it go over your head like if they don't want to be your friend then fuck em! Don't let it nag at your head and don't let it drag you down because you will find it hard to struggle back up again.

Take care

if you want to chat or anything PM me I'll listen
  • Options

She won't accept that, she will just deny it and I will HAVE to stay friends with her, she refuses to admit anything she has done wrong. And she won't let my other friends stay with me if I do break up with her, she gets VERY stressy when people do things like leave her, and you have to go back to her because she makes you feel guilty.
  • Options
    Well she is going to have to accept it dont tell her to fuck off just spend less and less time with her and ease yourself away from her.
  • Options

How am I supposed to do that when I go to school with her, am in her tutor group, and am in a few of her lessons? And if i blocked her from both MSN and AIM she would know, she knows exactly when I go online because I can only go on at certain times due to restrictions and my mum and stepdad being guides on AOL so have shifts at night. I don't know how to get away from her, because even if she did that she could just pester my twin.
  • Options
    like i said just talk to her less and less dont just blank her.
  • Options

Ok, thanks for your advice! It's greatly appreciated!:D
  • Options
    If you need anything i PM'd you my email address but I think you can get it off my profile anyway - its hardly a secret :D
  • Options
    maybe she is going through a tough time?

It's very painful to see your friends self-harming, and there's no way to know what to do about it.

One of my friends (Emily) was bitching behind my back when she wanted attention, she was telling Laura to dump me.

I found out but never said anything, even though one or two of my friends said I should have had words to say the least...

Today this cunt made her cry and I beat the shit out of him. Now we are good friends.

Everyone has their own reason for doing and saying things, and sometimes no one, not even the person who did it can understand it. But sometimes, if you can accept it, you can move on.

It could take time etc but do you want to stay friends with this person?

Because on the other side of the coin if you don't then you are just going to have to let them be, make new friends, and seek new happiness...

Good Luck hun
    Richard xx
  • Options
    I think you should just distance yourself from her. Nobody is forcing you to be friends with her.

She is being a pathetic little girl, and I would suggest you just stop spending time with her!
  • Options
    Erm Shyboy i dont think you have read what she said propaerly shes the one doing the scratching!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i can sympathise with you completely. i had a friend at school who i thought was my best friend and then one day she just said to another of my friends "why are you friends with her? she's horrible" (or words to that effect) this hurt me so much and i couldnt accept this as i didnt have many friends at school and one of them suddenly changed. i did nothing to her. she was an attention seeking girl and now i dont see her. but it was hard to accept the friendship was over.

she went through a hard time before and maybe she's losing all the attention and cant deal with it: you have a problem and the attention is on you.

stay strong. fight ur cravings to scratch. i replied to your other message in health so i do know how hard this is to do but i bet you can do it. if you need any more help or advice PM me, ok.

take care sweetie xx
  • Options
    Frances, kindly shut the fuck up. I won't go into details here, but you don't know shit about my relationships with any of the members of my family. Because I don't cry over death doesnt mean that I don't feel sadness. And if I don't, then who the fuck are you to judge? Did you sit in my house and watch exactly what happened? Do you know how exactly she died? No, no you don't. Kindly fuck off before you go around posting more shit about situations you have nothing to do with.
  • Options
    And to everyone else, how can you all sit there and judge someone by what you've read about them? Its not as if they're a fictional character? You cannot sit there and claim I'm a bitch because of what other people say, because most of what has been said is total bullshit, or is one side of a story. I think that everyone needs to just give advice to that person, but also know that they don't know the real story until someone else or something else tells the other one.
  • Options
    jesus fran i just saw this thread for the first time ever....

You bitching bout kay Family and shit (i think it what its bout) is fucking outa order.. im glad that she is now here to back herself up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz

You bitching bout kay Family and shit (i think it what its bout) is fucking outa order.. im glad that she is now here to back herself up.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Actually no, it's not. She didn't name names and was just asking advice about something that is bothering her. You're the one drawing attention about who she is talking about and you are out of order. Calm it down.
This discussion has been closed.