Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yey!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Finally managed to beat my way through the crowd to register and get my hands on the glory that is the student loan :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Good for you.

Its not often everyone jumps for joy when they're in debt. :p
  • Options
    lol true true

But is it just me or does a student loan not seem like real money when spending it? Obviously in a few years I will be hit very hard, damn that expensive alcohol.
  • Options
    Student loan=beer money ;)

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    My student loan = accommodation costs....almost the whole lot! It's difficult as my roommate is going on about going off and "spending the loan" but I really can't afford to do that! I'm very broke at the moment!
  • Options
    xapis- best thing to do is to put aside what you know you need and make sure you can keep the rest going throughout the term. Loads of people just splash it all straight away and end up in trouble later. Then you get the people who's parents will be paying their fees, accomodation costs as well as still giving them pocket money like some people who I know. Tossers :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by xapis
    My student loan = accommodation costs....almost the whole lot!

Same here, and I'm self catered.

From my loan I'd have £15 a week for food, going out, etc. That's before buying books, equipment, transport getting into the city etc.

Luckily I saved up a load of money last year...not sure what I'm going to do next year...hopefully will be able to save up enough over summer to live on.
  • Options
  • Options
    im lucky my dorms even if they are super dingy and smelly down to wildlife in showers level, they are £53/week and my loan comes to about £118/week (£4500) total and no tuition, shame there aint too much social stuff going on thats for me, other than lovely camden town

and then theres my £1000 scholarship :P hmm what to spend it on

probably save it for finding somewhere next year, being in london and all

but i wont neglect the beer :D