Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

starting the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
doc put me on the pill today to try and help with some serious pain and stuff ive been experiencing but im a bit concerned about taking it. never wanted to take it before but i think this is my final option to help. should i be worried? was anyone else worried before they started taking the pill? any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    i wouldn't worry.

millions of women take it and only a few have problems.

it'll probably put your mind at rest to get some more info on it though, which i'm sure a mod will provide:

*watch this space*
  • Options
    For a lot of people the pill is fab, so don't worry too much, just be aware of the problems that can arise and watch out for any signs
  • Options
    thanks, im just a worrier. its just playing on my mind reading about bllod clots because im diabetic and i have a slightly greater chance of developing that alreadyand my aunt had breast cancer.

i guess the doc knows what he is doing and wouldnt put me at a great risk. like you say i just need to watch for signs
  • Options
    For most people the benfits of taking the pill far outweight the disadavantages. This article from the site may be of interest ... The Pill and there's a couple of phone numbers at the bottom that you can call if you still had any questions you wanted answering.

Lu x