Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

women lose high court embryo battle

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I do feel sorry for them and do see their point but I feel this is the right decision..............
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Is there an alternative, does anyone know? For example, is it possible to keep unfertilized eggs frozen for later use, rather than embryos?

Fair enough judgment, but I think many people feel sympathetic towards the women.
  • Options
    I'm sure it is possible to store eggs,maybe women should be encouraged to do that.....

I hope these women adopt children as they are clearly desperate to have kids and I am sure would be very loving mothers.........
  • Options
    The problem was that the fathers would have been legaly responsible for the children, including payments etc. Plus the kids would have grown up knowing that their dads tried so hard not to have them.

Its sad that they cant have thier own kids but couldnt they adopt?
  • Options
  • Options
    Good, to be quite honest.

Its always awful when something like this happens, but the men were quite entitled to withdraw their consent once they stopped being a couple, and the men are quite entitled to not want children. Unfortunately the women now cannot have what they want, but they should have thought about that- it would be unfair to have a child without a father, and it would be unfair on the child to know that the father did not want the child.

Maybe people will learn from this sorry state of affairs, and keep some unfertilized eggs spare.
  • Options
    At last some sense for the judiciary.

I think that you've all pretty much echoed my own opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    At last some sense for the judiciary.

96/100 the judiciary get decisions spot on, its just that "Judge Sentences Pedo To Life, No Parole" or something doesnt make a good headline. Certainly not on page one.

Though its always good to know that people notice:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its sad that they cant have thier own kids but couldnt they adopt?

Yeah, why can't they adopt?

There are thousands of kids who'd be happy to have a good home.
  • Options
  • Options
    Indeed, I'm not in their position, but I'm still a believer that it would be nice if people adopted instead of having these treatments. As they increasingly become more popular and as the teenage pregnancy rate seems to rise, it'd be terribly sad to see a rise in kids being put in to homes.