Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question- would it disgust you..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If your boy/girl friend had a cold sore?
I am supposed to have a date tonight. Not really a date as I've been seeing him for a few months, but I have a really gross cold sore. Worried that it's going to disgust him, or am I just being pathetic?
I don't really want to kiss him and give him one!

also.... if anyone knows a quick way to get rid of a cold sore please advise me...I have just been putting Carmex on it to numb the pain. I start uni tomorrow, great first impression, I look like someone has smacked me in the mouth!

Comments

• Options
    have u not got any cream? -and just put a light power foundation over it?

it wouldnt bother me!!! But i cant speak for everyone!
  • Options
    I can't really put make up on it, as it's half on my lip, and kind of lumpy :(
    I'm just embarrassed.
  • Options
    tbh it would turn me off :yuck:

id put it off till the beastie goes away
  • Options
    I always remember the time when id just met my boyfriend at that time, we had only been out once and arranged to meet a few nights later and this massive, horrible zit appeared on the side of my nose............how embarrasing :lol:

You can guarantee a zit or sore will appear when you dont want it too.

Dont know how to make it disappear quick like.
  • Options
    yeah i must admit it would put me off. Id wait till its gone. Not cos of what it looks like but more cos of how contagious they are.
  • Options
    If he is disgusted by it then you should move on because he obvious isn't very good if he doesn't except you the way you are cold sore or not :p
  • Options
    it wouldn't disgust me, but i'd keep my distance from it..
  • Options
    A cold sore wouldn't disgust me, but I would be thinking "eww, cold sores are a form of herpes" However, it wouldn't put me off going out with someone who has one, but I wouldn't kiss them until it cleared up.
    I'd say don't worry about it. I don't think most people do. Just no snogging until it's gone.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    A cold sore wouldn't disgust me, but I would be thinking "eww, cold sores are a form of herpes" However, it wouldn't put me off going out with someone who has one, but I wouldn't kiss them until it cleared up.
    I'd say don't worry about it. I don't think most people do. Just no snogging until it's gone.

Mr_Wobble ;)

and definatly no oral sex :D
  • Options
    Well it's the morning after, he didn't care and kissed me lots. I warned him off and told him he shouldn't but he wasn't bothered. Found out he might be cheating on me (found a pair of girls ear-rings in his room) so good, I'm glad, hope he gets a huge one and passes it onto the owner of the ear-rings! :D:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Princess Rosa
    Well it's the morning after, he didn't care and kissed me lots. I warned him off and told him he shouldn't but he wasn't bothered. Found out he might be cheating on me (found a pair of girls ear-rings in his room) so good, I'm glad, hope he gets a huge one and passes it onto the owner of the ear-rings! :D:p

Sorry to hear bout the possbile cheating hun. maybe he brought them for you :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Sorry to hear bout the possbile cheating hun. maybe he brought them for you :/
    maybe they are a mates, or they might be his!
  • Options
    Unless he likes to wear sparkly heart ear-rings, I don't think they are his.

I did entertain the possibility they might be for me, but surely he would have given them to me if they were?
  • Options

I did entertain the possibility they might be for me, but surely he would have given them to me if they were?

yeah i guess hun. could be a mates and if he is cheating im sorry to hear. chin up girl im sure ya could do better *huggles*
  • Options

He could be a secret cross dresser??
  • Options
    Well it's the morning after, he didn't care and kissed me lots. I warned him off and told him he shouldn't but he wasn't bothered.
    maybe he gets them too, thats why he wasnt bothered, but if not, maybe he didnt realise that for kissing your coldsore he will have caught herpes and it will be with him for life. I think its quite irresponsible for you to let him kiss you when you know that your contagious.
  • Options
    I can see your point, but I don't see it as my responsibilty as I did warn him not to kiss me and he still wanted to.
  • Options
    I'm glad, hope he gets a huge one and passes it onto the owner of the ear-rings! :D:p

Its not her you should be showing anger to. If he has been with someone else then its HIM you should have the hump with.
    How would you feel if you started seeing someone only to find out later his ex girlfriend kissed him and then passed it on to you. suppose you would think thats ok ? Nah I didnt think so.
  • Options
    You get what you get. Everyone has to get a cold sore from someone, someone must have given it to me in the first place, I don't bear them any particular grudge.

How about being pissed off at both of them, which I am sure you would be if your husband cheated on you. It's very easy to say you can only be angry at the guy, but not a natural human reaction.

I don't really care anymore, quite silly that I was so bothered about giving him a cold sore when he obviously wasn't bothered about giving me any number of STD's.
  • Options
    You get what you get. Everyone has to get a cold sore from someone, someone must have given it to me in the first place, I don't bear them any particular grudge.

How about being pissed off at both of them, which I am sure you would be if your husband cheated on you. It's very easy to say you can only be angry at the guy, but not a natural human reaction.

I don't really care anymore, quite silly that I was so bothered about giving him a cold sore when he obviously wasn't bothered about giving me any number of STD's.
    has he actually given you an STD then? I must have missed that bit.
    I would be fucking WELL pissed off if someone gave me herpes. Obviously its his lookout as he knew you had it, but maybe he didnt understand the implications, You shouldnt have kissed him when you knew you had a herpes outbreak and were contagious, thats just nasty. especially now his girlfriend (who is innocent in all this) is probably going to catch it too.
  • Options
    Oh well, shit happens. He's big enough and smart enough to decide for himself if he wants to kiss me when I have a cold sore and I told him not to because he would get one and he said he didn't care.

It's not his "girlfriend" anyway.