Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Intimate trimming?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wondered if anyone had bought one of those new Remington bikini trim n shape thingies and if they are any good. I normally trim with scissors..(sorry if too much info)..but sometimes I have slipped and cut myself.

Don't want to spend £20 if they are no good..somehow I don't think Boots will give me a refund!

Comments

• Options
    oooh i cut myself down there a while ago whilst trimming

i think they look pretty good but all electric razors work well down there
  • Options
    get some wax and bugger the whole thing off!! then you wont have to worry about it again for a while ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    get some wax and bugger the whole thing off!! then you wont have to worry about it again for a while ;)

i wish i had the guts to do that but i think my skin is sensitive down there anyway so i cant imagine the results lookin that great.

and this remmington thing...can you totally shave the hair off? or does it just trim?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i wish i had the guts to do that but i think my skin is sensitive down there anyway so i cant imagine the results lookin that great.

and this remmington thing...can you totally shave the hair off? or does it just trim?

well why not get some of that cream stuff. i cant imagine it to work as good as wax, but im sure if you did it properly and with good stuff the results would be pretty good. and quick. and painess. sorted.
  • Options
    Re: Intimate trimming?
    Originally posted by Princess Rosa
    I wondered if anyone had bought one of those new Remington bikini trim n shape thingies and if they are any good. I normally trim with scissors..(sorry if too much info)..but sometimes I have slipped and cut myself.

Don't want to spend £20 if they are no good..somehow I don't think Boots will give me a refund!
    Isn't that just a beard trimmer, but a bit more curvy and in pink? Oh, and renamed, as most girls wouldn't like the idea of shaving their "beard". Just get a blokes beard trimmer (adjustable and rechargable is a good idea). Should cost under £20, and do exactly the same job.

Oh, and an ex of mine used to use scissors, until one day she slipped, and snipped a lip! :crazyeyes:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I tried waxing before, it was not good for my skin, tried sensitive cream, again, my skin reacted badly. So getting kind of desperate.
  • Options
    i bought one but was canny disappointed with it.

I started off with a grade 5 and honestly I don't think its possible that people have pubes that long!

so i ended up taking the guard off and giving myself a grade 0 all over :)
  • Options
    is the re-growth rate the same as if you use hair removal cream then? :confused:
  • Options
    i did mine on saturday with a normal barbers hair trimmer (without a graded attachement)
    no rashes or itchines...
  • Options
    dont bother buying it - i did and it really aint great and a complete rip off! its easier just to trim yourself or use a hair removal cream.
  • Options
    I used to trim all over, and didn't like it, or having scissors down there... :S so i have the edges waxed (like quite a lot), and use hairclippers on the rest :) My skin's quite sensitive too, so when i had it waxed the first couple of times, it got red and sore looking (it felt ok though :)) but now it's fine. Hair removing cream isn't that good, IMHO, and it irritates my skin more than waxing.
  • Options
    The area's bound to be sore & red after a while cause it's a hell of a shock to the skin to have the hair pulled out of it. But after a while the skin will wise up & prepare its little self for the impending hair removal exercise :D

.:Crispy:.