Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
erm, amyone know any effective remodies for period pains/stomach cramps??

at least, i'm assuming they're period pains :confused:

it's really really painful and i'm getting a cramp every few seconds :(

Comments

• Options
    Hot water bottle & legs up against the wall.
  • Options
    :( i don't have a hot water bottle.

this is really stupid cos i've never had cramps before :confused:

*cries*
  • Options
    but thankyou anyway :) and congrats on being pregnant if ur name thingy is up to date :p
  • Options
    if you don't have a hot water bottle then do you have a gas fire you can curl up next to? for some reason the heat dulls the pain.
  • Options
    ibuprofen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    but thankyou anyway :) and congrats on being pregnant if ur name thingy is up to date :p

Thanks, yep i'm halfway there.
  • Options
    Hot water bottle bath etc..if you take ibuprofen make sure you've eaten something.god i fainted due to my period on sunday.again.'cept this time i was at work:/
    xxx
  • Options
    If you've got to work or go to school/college (sorry, haven't checked your age!), and a hotwater bottle isn't exactly practical, try Lil-let Heat Soothers (or something like that!). They're thin pads, about 20cm by 10cm and are sticky on one side. You stick that side to you (wherever you've got cramps - can be used on your back too if you get backache) and it gradually heats up and lasts for about 8 hours - a God send when you've got to work and act normal, even tho you feel like curling up and sleeping for a week! They're about £3.29 for two from Boots and aren't reuseable (once they've gone cold after eight hours, that's it), so they might seem a tad expensive, but they really do work! :)
  • Options
    I would suggest, depending where you live, maybe taking Midol, if you have it in your area.
  • Options
    Feminax is brilliant for period pains so might be worth getting some in for next time.
    Also another idea is them things that you heat in the microwave and are usually for back pain. The are like bean bags and you can heat them as much as you like, I think they are only about £4.99.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Also another idea is them things that you heat in the microwave and are usually for back pain. The are like bean bags and you can heat them as much as you like, I think they are only about £4.99.

ive got a lavender one of these and its amazin really does the job :thumb:
  • Options
    Apparently orgasms are good at curbing period cramps. The irony being that a swift shag is the last thing on your mind when youve got period cramps *sigh*
  • Options
    I'm currently taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and pethidine but am still in agony. :(
  • Options
    ok theres many ways to sort out period pains one drastic one is the pill, then theres other tablets and medicine e.g. aspirin/paracetamol, if you don't have a hot water bottle then you can get packs that are heated too ... i hope you can sort out the problem soon
  • Options
    Excercise is great, get up and move about and do stuff.

and eat starchy food
  • Options
    Vitamin B complex supplements and calcium supplements. Take them in the run up to your period. They always do the trick with me.
  • Options
    ibuprofen works for me... and a nice walk can help too. Hot water bottles dont do the trick for me, i'm quite weird and it makes it worse :eek2:
    My mate has a mini trampoline, you know, those exercise ones? she just jumps on that for a few mins... she finds that helps... *Shrugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Apparently orgasms are good at curbing period cramps. The irony being that a swift shag is the last thing on your mind when youve got period cramps *sigh*

its a shame that too aint it?...esp as they are more horny and all while on the period...
    *sigh* such a waste :p
  • Options
    The things you women go through.

I feel deeply sorry for you

.:Crispy:.