Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scary moment....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the scariest moment you've ever had while driving? I had mine today - pulled off the motorway to come to a stop at a roundabout, but my shoelace was caught on the clutch pedal, so it was physically impossible to press the clutch! Of course, I ended up stalling. Not a really serious consequence, but imagine if it had been the brake I couldn't press....

Comments

• Options
    either driving down the highway and my friend grabbed the steering wheel and jerked it one way as a joke, only the car started swerving all over the road and i couldn't get it back on track, we would have eventually gone in the ditch or hit a car or something similar, but my arm hit the gear changy thing and smacked it into neutral so the car eventually slowed down enough to get it straight again.

or that one time when i was driving and i changing the cd and the road curved but i forgot to curve and i went up on the curb and instead of hitting the break i accidently pressed my foot on the gas and i hit a firehydrant.
  • Options
    yeah could have been nasty, you were lucky eh.

My scarriest time driving was when was passenger in our car and an old granny just pulled out on us. What a mess the car was in, it didnt half give me a scare. We were only doing 25 ish mph cos it was in a villiage, dread to think of the consequenses if we had been doing 70 on the motorway or sommat.
  • Options
    I was driving some dude home after we went together to see a movie. As I was driving some guy swerved onto my lane because the car in front of him wasn't going fast enough, and if the lane to my other side had not been empty I would either have crashed into the car beside me, or had the other car crashed into me.

I've had it happen more than once. Although I don't really get scared. I get fucking angry at those bloody bastards who can't drive properly. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    The worst was probably when some women going the opposite way decided to overtake a lorry. I saw her move out from behind it and knew she wouldn't make it back in time. I broke as hard as I could from 60mph and came to a complete stop but she only just got in front of the lorry in time.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo, thats what old ladies do. Theres a pecking order on the road- men, then women, then old men, then old women.

As for me, well, we were doing 75mph on a dual carriageway, and as we came to slow for a roundabout the brake line fractured, which was fun doing 50mph round the roundabout. Thank God there wasnt owt on it...
  • Options
    Re: Scary moment....
    Originally posted by openup
    What's the scariest moment you've ever had while driving? I had mine today - pulled off the motorway to come to a stop at a roundabout, but my shoelace was caught on the clutch pedal, so it was physically impossible to press the clutch! Of course, I ended up stalling. Not a really serious consequence, but imagine if it had been the brake I couldn't press....
    You can take the car out of gear without having to press the clutch pedal you know. Though it can be tricky if the engine revs are very high, or very low. Try it sometime.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Going 40 on my bike and having some women pull out in front of me. I remember lying there with the rain tapping on my helmet aand it all seeming a bit sureal but very calm. The next thing (the scary bit) was waking up with tubes coming out of me whilst lying in intesive care without a clue as to what happened. :nervous:

I don't want to ever do that again!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Haven't had any scary moments when driving yet but i'm sure i've scared others :D
  • Options
    Well, I wasn't driving, my sister was, and it was last November 30, 2002 and we were going down to the movie theater and we were going down on a back road and a damn deer ran out in front of our car and we hit smack right into it and it scared the hell out of me and I screamed like 2 or 3 times before I finally stopped.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    or that one time...

Heh that remind anyone else of a film? Was on last night as a clue.