Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
look first off i dunno where to put this forum but i need advice.

my mam found out i cut again. and she has been going on at me saying that if i keep doing it i will be taken away from my home. is what she saying true or is it aload of bullshit.

this has got me shit worried i dunno wtf will happen now.

Comments

• Options
    what you mean cut?

like slit your wrists or what?
  • Options
    yeah slit my wrist/self harm. she say i can be taken away if i do it anymore.
  • Options
    maybe you might be..might put a bit of sense in you, why do you want to cut your wrists? think about it...it's your body, why harm your own body?why why ?seriously, i am stoned but it's besides hte point..wise up.
  • Options
    You can be sectioned under the Mental Health Act if it perceived that you are a serious danger to yourself, but this is only used as a last resort.

There is a large magazine about mental health on TheSite, so look at that as it explains everything.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    maybe you might be..might put a bit of sense in you, why do you want to cut your wrists? think about it...it's your body, why harm your own body?why why ?seriously, i am stoned but it's besides hte point..wise up.

Dont even try to understand it, its difficult in the same way its difficult to understand why an alcoholic cant just stop drinking. Its a release to get the pain out in a physical manner if theres no other way, again, theres a large mental health magazine on TheSite and people like me have written case studies trying to explain what is going on.
  • Options
    fuck im worred now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    fuck im worred now.

Stop being so melodramatic.

Have you read the mental health magazine, or shall I get a select link for you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Stop being so melodramatic.

Have you read the mental health magazine, or shall I get a select link for you?

please would you... i get lost outside of the forums

thanks
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun

Few articles for you:

Self-harming
    Borderline Personality Disorder & self-harming- a case study
  • Options
    Thanks kermit. that was a great help. she keeps telling me im gonna be taken away.

its really getting to me. is she right wrong. she even threatened me that she will phone them up and get them to do it:crying:
  • Options
    kermit; i know what you mean, it's down to the person, i know i don't understand it because i wouldn't want to slash my wrists.
  • Options
    you told me you wanted to leave home anyway - so surely the fact that there may be a tiny possibility that you could get out and live with someone else - surely that would be great news to you
  • Options
    yeah i know i do and i will but i wanna go where i want no into some shitty lil home with a bunch of strangers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    you told me you wanted to leave home anyway - so surely the fact that there may be a tiny possibility that you could get out and live with someone else - surely that would be great news to you

Yeah, cos when they "take you away" they put you in The Ritz :rolleyes:

She wont do it, shes obviously scared because she doesnt understand what youre doing to yourself. Shes trying to scare you inot stopping, but it doesnt work like that. Its highly unlikely that you would be sectioned for self-harming, so dont worry about that.
  • Options
    Thank you for that kermit. although my mam use to selfharm shes been into psychriatic hospital because of it. and shes on anti depressents and sleeping pills.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    Omg thank you Kermit. Good Perspective! Sorry mindless ramble, nice to see someone know what their talking about.

Id rather no-one knew what I was talking about, but I know what you mean.

*hug*