Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

urgent!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hallo Guys

Situation: Met a guy, about a few months ago, who said he was gonna do same course, met at uni the other day. Seemed nice, spoke to him for a couple of days, now we seem to hang around a lot, going to his, a lot of play fites, tickling the typical thing.

Problems: he kinda smokes every 5 mins, so pretty annoying. He is 7 years older.

Do you think it sounds like he is interested because i am starting to really fall for him! REALL FALL!

He seems to look at many girls, usual then! and he seems to have had many girlfriends (long term and short) he seems to be interested, but it may be his nature im scared to make a move, but if i dont i may be too late! he is very caring i not had that before! :)

OH ITS SO DIFFICULT TO DECIDE!:p

Comments

• Options
    The age gap isn't that big. But, the smoking :yuck: I couldn't go out with a smoker. :( That just puts me right off. Doesn't stop me liking, or beginning to fall for someone who smokes, but it's a barrier that would stop me truly falling for them deeply, so I just can't let go and love them as I would like to. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Go for it girl!! The Play fights is ALWAYS ( that shud be douberly underlined aswell!) a good sign that they like you
    but the smoking CUD be a problem, I used to smoke but found that cost too much and with uni coming up well ya know moneys tight enuff as it is
    Distract Him from it, Or Just say you dont like being smoked around so when your with him could he refrain from it or some bullshit like that loL!
    But Definetly go for it, Age is never a problem!
    Gl Keep me informed
  • Options
    Originally posted by skating_reaper
    Go for it girl!! The Play fights is ALWAYS ( that shud be douberly underlined aswell!) a good sign that they like you
    but the smoking CUD be a problem, I used to smoke but found that cost too much and with uni coming up well ya know moneys tight enuff as it is
    Distract Him from it, Or Just say you dont like being smoked around so when your with him could he refrain from it or some bullshit like that loL!
    But Definetly go for it, Age is never a problem!
    Gl Keep me informed

Thanks everyone, but that does seem reasuring i kissed him on the cheek to say thanks for a presie (i helped him with some work.)

He gave me a hug, but we still aint going out, i have hinted enough, its down to him :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Thanks everyone, but that does seem reasuring i kissed him on the cheek to say thanks for a presie (i helped him with some work.)

He gave me a hug, but we still aint going out, i have hinted enough, its down to him :p

good luck hun. he must be a lucky guy to have ya:) ;)

just let him make a move. you shown your interested. good luck hun..
  • Options
    oohh sounds good! good luck :D
  • Options
    He gave me a hug, but we still aint going out, i have hinted enough, its down to him

Erm - just remember, as covered in many threads in the past - when a girl thinks they have hinted enough, usually they haven't done anything in particular... bar raise an eye brow or something!!

You then find us blokes have usually missed these "hints" and then you get all upset and think we dislike you or like somebody else as we haven't jumped on you!

What kind of hints have you given?

Instead of mincing about doing that - try asking the guy out. A much better option.

It's like when it comes round to Christmas or your GFs birthday and you THINK you have got them the right present (obviously some vastly expensive precious stone on a ring made of solid gold or something) - only to find that they had been "hinting" for months that you should get them a worm or ant farm for the bedroom or something daft! ;)

Edited as I spelt a word wrong, like a plonker who can't spell
  • Options
    Dont let age be an issue, my boyfriend is 7 years older than me, it makes no difference, as for the smoking, try talking to him, he may want to stop, if he does be there for him. Above all if u like him and think theres a chance it could all work out, go for it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Duh! :rolleyes: Like, why does it have to be down to him? :confused: What's all that crap about? Why don't you ask him? You are allowed to you know, it's not illegal for a girl to ask a bloke out.
    And what if he's not sure? Or is waiting for you to ask? Then you'll miss your chance. So don't piss about, just ask him. :rolleyes:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Duh! :rolleyes: Like, why does it have to be down to him? :confused: What's all that crap about? Why don't you ask him? You are allowed to you know, it's not illegal for a girl to ask a bloke out.
    And what if he's not sure? Or is waiting for you to ask? Then you'll miss your chance. So don't piss about, just ask him. :rolleyes:

Mr_Wobble ;)

I know, I made that mistake of jumping into things with a mate a while ago, i didnt want to rush anything this time after all i am with him for 4 years at uni!

Too late now for lectures

We are going out, he kissed me, i kissed him back!
    he said he had liked me 4 months so no need to worry.
  • Options
    Aww babe thats good news. good luck with him.:)

i wish my love life wasnt a mess.:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Aww babe thats good news. good luck with him.:)

i wish my love life wasnt a mess.:(

Things can only get better! good luck, i am not sure if this will work out! :( its early days yet!:)
  • Options
    The age gay is nothing. Don't let it bother you. I know how you feel about the smoking though. My boyfriend whose great has one flaw. He smokes hash all the time and being a non smoker(of any kind) it makes me sick but if you like a person enough you sometimes have to just try and ignore these things. It wouldn't stop me going out with someone.