Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Matching tat's?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have a matching tattoo with a current/former boy/girlfriend and do you like/regret it?
If so, will you get it removed? Or is it in an unnoticable spot?

For those who don't have one, would you consider ever getting one?

To answer my own question, no I do not have one, and yes, I might consider one, but not a name, a symbol of some sort.

Comments

• Options
    Don't. You're what...16? You are hardly gonna be with your current boyf forever so why be so silly as to get a reminder of them permanantly drawn onto your skin? :yeees:
  • Options
    hmmm, i think id consider it, but it would have to be a symbol as zombie says, i wouldnt get a name, something like shifty from crazy town and his ex girlfriend (current girlfriend always patchin it up) have, he has a star on either shoulder, and its not filed in jsut thick black outline, and the partner has the stars filled in... well cool though, i really like that idea.
  • Options
    You could just get one tattoo saying "dickhead" That way you will have a tattoo to remind you of all your ex'es. :) I'm thinking of getting one saying "Bitch" to remind me of all of mine. :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    even better you could get some oriental symbol for 'dickhead' and 'bitch' respectively.
  • Options
    The boyfriend of a girl I know got her lips tattoed on his bum. She put on lipstick and kissed a piece of paper, then the tattooist did the tat from that. How cool is that?

Wouldn't want to do it personally, cos of the whole splitting-up possibility, but these two are still going strong after 3 years and they're now living together, so I guess he doesn't regret it.

I wouldn't consider it, not unless we got really really serious - I'm talking together for years and years, and planning to be together forever and get married etc. And even then I don't think I could do it. If I did, though, I'd go with the symbolic thing, rather than just having a name tattoed on me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Don't. You're what...16? You are hardly gonna be with your current boyf forever so why be so silly as to get a reminder of them permanantly drawn onto your skin? :yeees:

No, not yet. I know I will regret any tattoo if I got one right now.
    Like LSS said, I'd only consider it after years and years with someone, still happy, married/want to get married, etc.
  • Options
    i've got my ex fiancee's name tattooed really small on up upper thigh. i obviously regret it. i'm either going to get it covered or removed. he had my name on his forearm, but hes a tatoo freak and it was covered nicely. couldn't see it anyways really.

but its like a proven fact that if you get your s.o. name tattoed on you, your bound to break up ;)
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    my fuck-buddy and I are planning to run away to Vegas to get married. he is going to wear a t-shirt saying "I love whores" and i'll be wearing a bikini and a sarong...

...and instead of rings we'll be getting matching tatoos :D

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    :lol:

and instead of the normal wedding vows, we're having filth vows :p

its all true!
  • Options
    and instead of the normal wedding vows, we're having filth vows :p

its all true!

lol ooohhh dear!
  • Options
    ...and instead of rings we'll be getting matching tatoos :D

I know a few couples who have either had their partners initials tattooed on their ring finger after marriage, or the date of their wedding. i think thats quite nice.

my partner doesnt have any tattoos, and he probably never will, but I have a very small 'K' and 'J' that's linked together in a sort of patern on my lower abdomen. its so low no one will ever see it unless i show the,, or they see me naked of course!

I dont regret it at all, and i know that i never will, even if we split up - because we've gone through a hell of a lot together, and even if things turned out for the complete worse and we didnt even talk anymore (which i dont believe would havppen for one minute), he will always have a very special place in my heart, and will always be my little's girls daddy, if not biologically - but he's the one who has raised her, so we'll always be together in some sense of the word.

its more of a symbol of everlasting friendship than it is of 'i love you'
  • Options
    nope.

it's just ASKING to break up.

one of my old friends and her boyfriend both had tattoos, not matching or anything, but they each chose something they liked, and had it in the same place, so it was kinda symbolic, but meant no explaining if they ever broke up. which i thought was quite nice.

i think they're still together.