Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shoelaces

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but why does no-one tie their shoelaces anymore? Most people I see wearing trainers seem to just tuck them into the shoes, isn't this uncomfortable?

Comments

• Options
    I always tie my laces.

I went through a stage of tucking them in but it was so uncomfortable. In my view trainers are supposed to be comfy shoes! :)
  • Options
    I usually tie up the laces only if I can hide them.
    I've always felt geeky with the laces hangin out, especially if they're done up tight...
    With skate shoes I tie them up underneath the tongue, then tuck them inside. They look better that way!
    But, with Doc Martins, I can't not tie them up, plus if you have funky coloured laces, they look aight hangin out :) S'all Good :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    When i wear trainers my laces are tucked in. But the ends of the laces arent on the outside ready to tie, they finish off inside the trainer, and then i just put them towards the back of the shoe. It isnt uncomfortable, i dont even feel them.
  • Options
    maybe they are just really lazy and dont like to go thru the hassle of tying and untying shoes all the time.
  • Options
    mine are put thru theholes inwards so they never come out i dont feel them:)
  • Options
    I always tie my laces. Though lately I have found that I can slip my shoes on and off without bothering. So sometimes I don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    With skate shoes I tie them up underneath the tongue, then tuck them inside. They look better that way!

That's what I do. Cept with trainers, not skate shoes. Y'know, like, trainers. Trainery trainers :|
  • Options
    i tie my laces, but i don't have to untie them to take my shoes on and off.

tucking laces in is so uncomfy....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    When i wear trainers my laces are tucked in. But the ends of the laces arent on the outside ready to tie, they finish off inside the trainer, and then i just put them towards the back of the shoe. It isnt uncomfortable, i dont even feel them.

Same here :yes: