Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dizzy N headaches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was playing rugby today and got stamped on the head twise i got a sprained wrist and a cut elbow anyway i keep feeling dizzy and headaches and i feel sick. the school sent me home and i been sleeping i still feel dizzy.

i want to go to the docs but my mam says i'll be fine. she never thinks im hurt. its like when i broke my hand she left it 11days before taking me A&E now what should i do... should i go to the docs or will it pass?

Comments

• Options
    :confused: could that not be concussion you have? i would go to the hospital and get it checked. you should get any head injury checked out!
  • Options
    A&E now.
  • Options
    Get over it. Rugby players don't feel pain. :p

Seriously, I'd get it checked out. I broke my wrist playing rugby at school. The school nurse told me that there was nothing to worry about. She was very wrong.
  • Options
    my mam wont take me though. told me have paracetomal and lay down. been doing it all day no diffrence,

im going to go lay down.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    my mam wont take me though. told me have paracetomal and lay down. been doing it all day no diffrence,

im going to go lay down.

:\

That's not too good.

If there is anything serious, paracetamol won't really help.

Is there no one else that can take you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    :\

That's not too good.

If there is anything serious, paracetamol won't really help.

Is there no one else that can take you?

nope sis is working anf bro is in the states.

im fucked.
  • Options
    i fucking hate my mam :crying: she keeps saying "ill be fine" "ill be fine" really show she cares. shes more concerned about her sleeping, what can i do i need help now please.:(
  • Options
    next door neighbours? :confused:

I got a concussion before and the doc told me to sleep it off. Was ok the next day. But if you have hemoarging in the brain or something then you can just feel a bit funny for a while then the blood in the brain can kill you :(

Id tell your mum to take you to hospital now...
  • Options
    tbh just tell her to read this thread. the replies should scare her into taking you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I got a concussion before and thedoc told me to sleep it off

Lies!

No, but really, if you were that bad you should see the school nurse, or something. The school wouldn't just leave you with a possible concussion.

Oh and dont let your mum read Mist's post, because it gives it away. Though you are serious, so there is nothing to worry about
  • Options
    rudey those headaches are nothing more than mental disturbances. something you should be used to by now. tbh rudey get some prozac down you. or even better..... something thatll stop you telling such whoppers.:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Franglais
    rudey those headaches are nothing more than mental disturbances. something you should be used to by now. tbh rudey get some prozac down you. or even better..... something thatll stop you telling such whoppers.:p

lol im not the disturbed one here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    But if you have hemoarging in the brain or something then you can just feel a bit funny for a while then the blood in the brain can kill you :(

thats not gonna worry him at all now is it?

id say get yourself down to the doctors asap, see a nurse if theres no dr's appointments available, cant hurt to have it checked out?
  • Options
    Ring the NHS helpline, they will advise you. Rudey, do it now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Ring the NHS helpline, they will advise you. Rudey, do it now.

i cant i got no way of useing a phone. im not ment to be on the internet. i got no cred on my mobile either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    i cant i got no way of useing a phone. im not ment to be on the internet. i got no cred on my mobile either.
    do you want me to ring it for you? or I could transfer the call to you?
    Ill ring and ask them then tell you what they said if you like?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    thats not gonna worry him at all now is it?

id say get yourself down to the doctors asap, see a nurse if theres no dr's appointments available, cant hurt to have it checked out?

argh i cant get out the house though. the only time i can go is at the weekend.:(

my mam wont let me out as im not at school.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    do you want me to ring it for you? or I could transfer the call to you?
    Ill ring and ask them then tell you what they said if you like?

yeah please. ring them and post in in this thread please thank you *kisses* :)
  • Options
    Is your head worse or better today?

*hugs*
  • Options
    done it and they cant do an assessment unless im with you or they talk to you. How about I call them and transfer the call to you? I can do that on my works phone.
  • Options
    What you are describing is probably a mild concussion. The worrisome symptoms are the nausea, because these symptoms among others can be associated with what is called increased intracranial pressure that could be due to blood inside the brain or around it but inside the skull.

Edit: I would strongly advise that you consult with a local neurologist or go to an A&E physicianASAP. Do NOT wait.
  • Options
    yeah thank you if you could. can you do it to my mobile number? if you can ill pm it to ya? im unsure how it works?
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Lies!

Aint! I was told the same, concussion can lead to compression if left to get worse, i would be careful and get it checked.

If it is serious they may keep you in for observation, but sleep is best after its been checked out, the MYTH dont sleep is just to protect proffessionals (first aiders) so that you can observe the consiousness.

After it has been checked you do sleep it off

BUT GET IT CHECKED, I HAVE SEEN THESE THINGS GO WRONG!!!!:(
  • Options
    The chances are now that if your not already dead, its not serious, believe me these things are serious!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Franglais

OH FFS! Dude! He isn't lying ok! He got sent out of school because of it. How do I know? I go to his school :rolleyes:. Christ man! Give the boy a break! He doesn't deserve this ok! Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! Every bloody thread he makes . . . *goes off feeling annoyed and bitter and muttering to self*