Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i dont know what to do...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my good friends brother had sex with me while i was too drunk to do anything more than lay there. i dont know what to do. if i ever tell anybody, it risks alot of shit. his relationship with his girlfriend and child, his friend for providing underage alcohol, underage drinking, more problems at college for me. what should i do about this? i feel so discusting.

Comments

• Options
    Im so sorry to hear that manda, i dont know what you should do either. ((hugs)) Do you want him prosecuted. Its his fault not yours, and if you do decide to press charges, then dont feel guilty as what he did is a form of rape.
  • Options
    I could only really suggest that the best place to start looking for answer to your question is RAINN, a US-based support group for rape and incest survivors supported by luminaries such as Tori Amos (who was herself raped).

Its up to you as to what you want to do about it, read about it and try and talk to a counsellor or someone you trust in order to find out your own thoughts. But dont not press charges or anything simply to protect him, because if his whole luife disintegrates he fucking deserves it.
  • Options
    There is nothing we can say that is going to point you in the right direction here manda. What has happened to you is terrible. Perhaps you could speak to this person and let him know that what he did to you was unacceptable? Maybe tell another friend who isn't involved with the others?

Whatever you do you have to decide for yourself, but people will be here to support you.

*hugs*
  • Options
    Hi there my_name

I can only back up what Kermit has said, visit that website, there is a load of info and a 24 hour confidential hotline you can call for advice.

What happened frankly shouldn't have, and you have to put yourself and your emotions first here. Speak to the hotline or some other trained counsellor and work out what you want to do but do speak to someone, staying silent will be far worse for you in the long run.

Take care of you, and remember the boards are always here

Susie x
  • Options
    *Hugs*. Just want to echo what everyone else has said really, you're the most important person here, not anybody else that you think you need to protect. Do what is best for you. Tates xxx
  • Options
    i feel as though i'm going to be sick whenever the thought comes to my head. i cant eat, i cant sleep, i cant sit still. i keep shaking will these soon go away? i cant have 2 days in a row of this. i cant have more than that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    i feel as though i'm going to be sick whenever the thought comes to my head. i cant eat, i cant sleep, i cant sit still. i keep shaking will these soon go away? i cant have 2 days in a row of this. i cant have more than that.

Thats partly why you really need to talk about it, to help you come to terms with what has happened so you can start dealing with it.

*Hugs*