Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Social Policy or Anthropology degree

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anybody here taken either and could fill me in on what it's about and if either courses are any good?

I'm thinking of doing a combined course of the two, although very few places off both together. Any ideas on a good uni for them?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do social Policy as part of my degree I've just finished my first year. I dfound it quite interesting although I did get the wrong end of the stick as I thought the course was going to be like sociology. We did two units in the first year and introduction to social policy which consisted of mainly discussing the welfare from the war when the Beveridge report was released up until now. The first half of the year was all the facts about it and the second half concentrated on the inequalities that existed within the system. The other unit we did wa sPower and Ideology which was actually part of the Politics course, it was really interesting we looked at lots of different theories like feminism, marxism etc and then began to look at globalisation and multinational corporations. I'm looking forward to my second year so guess its a good choice.