Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uni-time = Excited & Scared!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone else very very excited but also at the same absolutely terrified?!

Any hints or tips for me? I'm starting as a fresher in a few weeks down at Exeter.

Thanks guys.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Make the most of Freshers Week.

You'll love it! :D
  • Options
    i'm not living in halls does this mean i'm going to miss out on freshers? because everything i have read in the info i've been given from the uni is about parties arranged for residence of the halls!
    i don't want to go anymore.....i'm scared:nervous: :crying:
  • Options
    IM 100% excited 0% scared ... I got a shag on the open day so freshers is gonna be a riot :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by juice1984
    i'm not living in halls does this mean i'm going to miss out on freshers? because everything i have read in the info i've been given from the uni is about parties arranged for residence of the halls!

you don't have to be in Halls to take part in Freshers Week. Make sure you get down there when it starts though, and find out what's going on.

Oh, KoolCat's tip for the day. If your uni has a Freshers Fayre, where they advertise all the clubs and societies and things, make sure you go along. It's the perfect chance to get enough free pens to last you through the year :thumb: and other cool things like keyrings, bottle openers, mobile phone sofas :lol:
  • Options
    im going bham 2! and i hope u can still go 2 halls parties coz there isnt anything for a bit till they are over.The whole thing is quite scary.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Adiss
    IM 100% excited 0% scared ... I got a shag on the open day so freshers is gonna be a riot :D

Oh my god...how did u manage that?!?!?!?!?!

I'm getting a bit apprehensive now! and also theres so much to sort out, ive gotta get myslef organised!!!!!!

good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Charm;) , Wit :lol: and Good looks:naughty: .

Im sooo looking forward to it, trouble is I need to finish off this heap of work on my desk before I can start thinking about getting me sorted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by juice1984

Same, i'm travelling from home.

Best idea is to camp in someone's room. Some one drunk so they don't realise you're there. ;)
  • Options
    lol :naughty: nite try that :p
  • Options
    I'm going to Kingston Uni. 90% excited, 10% scared. TBH I don't think the social life will be much good, but I'm mostly there for the degree and not really that bothered. I will probably join a few of the clubs and societies though. I'm lucky enough to live near the place so I don't need to mess about with halls.

Best advice I can give is to allow yourself to enjoy it! :D I was a miserable git when I started college which is not going to be repeated!
  • Options
    50% excited, 50% scared!

I'm having great fun getting all my stuff sorted out and organising everything, but I'm absolutely terrified about actually arriving at uni!

I think I'm most worried about the fact that I'm sharing a room, in case I don't get on with the person I'm sharing with!!