Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

clubbing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, what is the 1st things girls notice about guys when out clubbing? "Apparently" (or so pretty much all the girls i chat to on the net tell me) i'm gorgeous, and yet i never get any attention in the clubs. So i'm thinking the 1st thing girls see is how the guys dance?! I cant, ya see. Is this my problem?

Comments

• Options
    i just notice what they look like and what they're wearing really?!

i spose if a guy was having a laugh with his mates i'd notice that.
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    :yes: i soooo understand where ya coming from. i can't dance too, so get left looking like a billy no mates on me own, so drink loads, then stagger about the place looking for a sexeh ladeh..... and end up making a tit of meself

tis so unfair.... :(
  • Options
    yeh but you staggering about on your own isn't gona get you anywhere. when i see a guy looking confident, relaxed and like he's having a good time, i find it appealing. it's like you want to be involved in that and he looks like he'd be fun.
    you don't have to dance, or dance that well. girls are usually focusing too much on how they look to notice what exactly what you're doing..unless you're doing some rather freaky moves..
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Originally posted by lipsy
    yeh but you staggering about on your own isn't gona get you anywhere. when i see a guy looking confident, relaxed and like he's having a good time, i find it appealing. it's like you want to be involved in that and he looks like he'd be fun.
    you don't have to dance, or dance that well. girls are usually focusing too much on how they look to notice what exactly what you're doing..unless you're doing some rather freaky moves..

i get where ya coming from about the attractiveness of blokes who look like they're enjoying themselves. but its hard to look like that when ya been left on ya own guarding drinks from over efficient glass collectors :eek2:
  • Options
    Re: clubbing
    Originally posted by secretsmiler
    So i'm thinking the 1st thing girls see is how the guys dance?! I cant, ya see. Is this my problem?
    I don't know if dancing is the first thing girls notice, or if they're attracted by a good dancer. But you shouldn't worry about it, and just get out there and dance.
    For many years I'd convinced myself that I just couldn't dance, and many would say I still can't :impissed: But now I just don't care. The best thing is to practice in your own room, curtains shut, doors locked. Dance like a loon. Go with the rhythm as best you can. Then go out dancing, and try not to have too much to drink, and don't be concerned about looking like a tit. :)
    One of the things that I find helps is dancing to 70's or 80's (check clubs for 70's & 80's nights) - everybody knows the tunes, can sing along with the songs, and there are sort of dancing moves that you can pick up from watching everybody else, then copy.
    The more you practice, the better you get. Go for it!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    You gotta have the moves...not be a show off (yucky..how off putting) but look like you're y'know...:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    but look like you're y'know...:confused:
    Like, what??? :confused:

I wouldn't say I know the moves (or look like y'know?), but I can get awaywith dancing ok. Did a bit of dancing last night, got complimented on it, and got a kiss from a girl afterwards (nothing tonguey, just a nice kiss on the lips). :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    so the guys who were hit with the ugly stick have no luck in clubs,other than with girls who r wider than wembley or drunk the amount of a simmin pools worth of alcohol!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Like, what??? :confused:

I wouldn't say I know the moves (or look like y'know?), but I can get awaywith dancing ok. Did a bit of dancing last night, got complimented on it, and got a kiss from a girl afterwards (nothing tonguey, just a nice kiss on the lips). :)

Mr_Wobble ;)

ummmmm.......i'll let you know when it comes to me :chin: :confused:
  • Options
    lucifer devil -u sure u not just thinking of 'confidence'?
  • Options
    my dancin is wicked (yes i have a big head. oh yes)

no seriously, it was one of the factors that attracted my favorite lady from holiday. so i suspose it can help. although at home it doesn't really help at all. not one bit.

i never 'pull' in pubs or clubs. cus i can't be bothered really. oh well

.......pointless post................ oh yeah, stressed is in the running for best av. clearly
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    lucifer devil -u sure u not just thinking of 'confidence'?

nah....:no: :chin:

Just look like you're having a good time, oh I dunno....*crawls back into corner*.....:banghead:
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I don't blame them...really...it just sucks to be one of those blokeys :(

:mad: shuuuuuuddup! You're puuuuurdy :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, guys.... cheers for your input. Obviously i know that i can "dance" (if you can call it that)... but even my mates notice that i dance "differently", and they pick up on it, and it just makes me feel like I am somehow "different"!