Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blokes, would you stay in a relationship....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you found out that your gf likes getting compliments off other blokes and sometimes leads them on to get compliments? She doesn't do it when your with her tho! But she told you that she does it!

Would you be able to trust her?

Could you just ignore it?

Comments

• Options
    hmm

alrite so i'm not a bloke and therefore irrelevant here lol. but surely it's natural to want compliments? i mean... i don't lead men on to get them but it's nice when i get complimented! and i doubt anyone would when my bf was there cos he's the jealous type. so i don't think it's anything to worry about :confused:
  • Options
    err good un
    quite topical actually
    my girlfriend's just got a new job at a local pub (only been there 2 weeks), so she gets tons of compliments off blokes and already been asked out a few times. she turns them down of course and i trust her, but it doesn't help that she goes to work dressed like she's going out. i.e. wearing see through tops with push up bras, white thongs with black clothes (so it sticks out quite badly when she bends over or squats down).
    so whenever i take her to work (the last 5 nights), i'm left at home on my own, not only being bored as f*** and totally lonely without her, but also having to think about all the dirty 'ol men perving at her all the time! arrrgh! stress! :mad:
    but i love her and trust her and would never ever even think of leaving her!
  • Options
    Ok so I'm a girl but I wanted to answer anyway. I'm a bit like that - I enjoy flirting with blokes who aren't my boyfriend, and enjoy the attention/compliments it can bring. I'd never let it go further than that though.

At the same time, my boyfriend flirts with other girls. Neither of us mind the other doing this, because we understand it's fun but it doesn't mean we don't care enough about one another, and we trust one another not to go too far. If it upset me or him, I'm sure we'd talk about it and stop.
  • Options
    Yeah I'd stay with her, but I wouldn't be 100% happy with it tbh - flirting is often for people who need attention and I tend not to go with these people.

I wouldn't mind if my current girl did it though as I know I can trust her with my life.
  • Options
    i think if a girl did this quite alot then it may mean shes has a degree of insecurity and that she feels the need to get attention in the way of compliments.

I being an insecure person wouldnt be able to handle it if wasnt there because i easily get jealous, however if i was with her and someone said she was well fit, it wouldnt bother me only from a selfish perspective because not only would it be a compliment for her, but it would be a compliment to me because i would be going out with her.

So it can go both ways really
  • Options
    Question: Do you trust her?

If so, let it slide. Forget about it.

I went out with a girl who was naturally a flirty person, she didn't know she was doing it. It never lead to anything but it can cause a little insecurity. Some people are like that. Only you know your girlfriend well enough to her personality.
  • Options
    i'd rather have a girl who was secure within herself to not need constant compliments off strangers.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    i'd rather have a girl who was secure within herself to not need constant compliments off strangers.

:rolleyes:

Miaow :p

Personally Harmless i think you should just shag her :chin:
  • Options
    Don't see the problem myself.

I've had a girlfriend like that. There's nothing wrong with it IMO, because it's just flirting, and I trusted her to keep it at that.

If you're worried about it, you could always try talking to her and telling her that you're a little insecure about it yourself :p

But, yeah, I'd stay with her - no harm being done.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Miaow :p

Personally Harmless i think you should just shag her :chin:
    Oh but her army of admirers might have a problem with that, after all..... my simple lonely compliments aren't enough for her obviously:p

And for the record, I'm not insecure about it. Just got my eyes open and know where it might lead to!

Mumma never raised no fool:p ;)
  • Options
    lots of girls do this, its nothing to do with the men, its our own in securities and lots of girls like to feel other men are attracted to them. i wouldnt worry if this is all its is :D
  • Options
    If my current G/f was doing this frankly I wouldn't really be too fussed because I do trust her and she about first girl thats trusted me as I have a lot of mates that are girls that come over from time to time and its not unusual for me to be in house with a mate thats a girl alone or to go out with either a girl that fancies me somewhere or something and she always trusts me (rightly so!).
  • Options
    Girls constantly want EVERY man in the world to fancy them because they are so fucking insecure. They could tell you that you are the man of their dreams and "the one" yet they STILL need compliments off of all men aged 16 to 106. Fucking sad really but girls are the weaker sex. Without compliments (or boyfriends) they normally have to turn to the haagen daaz or dairy milk fruit and nut.
  • Options
    hmmmmm yes of course
  • Options
    OK I'm female but I don't care it's sexist only asking the fellas cos everyone likes compliments.

Me and my fella both flirt like mad. Often you'll find us both with someone different on our arms on nights out if we're in a large group. We both know nowt will happen and we're happy with that. We both do it less now than we used to and I only really do when he's around now, but it's still part of us. He flirts to do his job anyway so there's definately no stopping him. It's just part of his nature.

Oh and as for folks saying flirting is a form of insecurity. Anyone who doesn't trust their partner flirting is even more insecure in themselves. Flirting for some is purely a good laugh
  • Options
    Well the way I see it is that, so long as your girlfriend stays faithful to you and is basically only leading the guys on to get them to say nice things, then what harm does it do? You're the one she is with at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo

Oh and as for folks saying flirting is a form of insecurity. Anyone who doesn't trust their partner flirting is even more insecure in themselves. Flirting for some is purely a good laugh

Lol, But why do you feel the need to flirt if you already have someone?

Surely it's the person needing compliments that has the problem?.... Yeah, I like getting compliments, but that doesn't mean I'll go out fishing for them from ladies, and I wouldn't fucking lead a girl on to get one!

If it was happening in my face, I could handle it. But it's behind my back and out of sight. That slightly annoys me.
    Well the way I see it is that, so long as your girlfriend stays faithful to you and is basically only leading the guys on to get them to say nice things, then what harm does it do? You're the one she is with at the end of the day.

I think that behaviour is asking for trouble tho, I mean you can't lead a bloke on just because your feeling down, It‘s why women are such headfucks. It's like going out with a guy just for his money, It's not right and someone might end up getting hurt (then that someone might do sum physical hurting!)

Perhaps I'm the only sane one and the rest of you are all mad!:crazyeyes :p
  • Options
    Just think....Im the lucky one, shes chosen me!