Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Knowing The People That Slept With Your Partner?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does it bug you if you actually know people that have slept with your partner in the past?

Like perhaps they used to go out with your best friend and now they are going out with you.. or you know before you went out with them they had a one night stand with the guy from accounting... And does it change the way you interact with that person when you run into them.

Comments

• Options
    Well my ex boyfriend had been fucking his (girl) best mate before me, and when we used to go out with his group of mates, she'd always be there. It would have been ok but she was like 10 times more prettier than me :(

I was never nasty to her. It just made me insecure.
  • Options
    When i was sort of seeing this woman there was this bloke at work who had done her before me (although I never knew this until he told me). The only thing that pissed me off was the way the wanker told me!

The fucker came over to me at the pub and whispered in my ear

"Oh your seeing {thingybob}, does she still have a shaven pussy?"

I was so taken back. Fat C**t. It didn't bother me tho. I already thought he was a wanker, It just proved my point.

I still have to work with this bloke, I just don't talk to him.
  • Options
    Yeah it does. Especially when he sees more of them than me. :mad: Although I sweetness and light to her face. :)
  • Options
    Well, my ex was supposedly a virgin when we were together, so I didn't have issues... after we broke up he shagged the school slut... I was a bit miffed to say the least.

I feel a bit weird with my best mate... we fool around with each other, but when he talks about the other girls he fools around with, it makes me feel insecure and a bit jealous to be honest. He doesn't know that of course lol.

So yeah, I am bothered by their sexual past...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Jealousy or insecurity wise no it doesn't bother me, hygiene wise it does.
    I had been involved with a bloke but it sort of fizzled out but recently we started speaking properly again and he asked me out. Unfortunately a week before he'd got pissed slept with the local bike who quite happily admits to unprotected sex and he admitted he'd not used anything. This completely put me off so yes sometimes it does affect my decisions or the way i see someone.
  • Options
    The only reason it has or would bother me is that you might not know about it and therefore the person that has slept with your partner has one over you ("little does he know I've fucked her"). As long as my partner was honest about it I wouldn't mind as then I'm not in the dark about it and made to look foolish.
  • Options
    Quite simply i think that knowing someone my partner had slept with before would make me a bit jealous and a bit suspicious in the way that i would make sure that, that person does not get too close to my partner while im with her, so that nothing would happen and re-ignite any flame they may have once had.

That may sound a bit strange, but i mean if i did'nt particularly get on with the lad then i would just keep an eye but if my partner was good friends with him then i would'nt be jealous at all.

I like to know the full and correct roster of my girlfriends, like i had a gf once who claimed she had only slept with one guy but one day my friend and her best friend told me that she had slept with at least 3 guys before me, which i thought was terrible considering she was 16.
  • Options
    I wouldn't go out with a girl if she when't out with my mate. I know where my mate's have been.

But really, I wouldn't go out with a girl that has been with my mate 'coz it's not my style.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I wouldn't go out with a girl if she when't out with my mate. I know where my mate's have been.

But really, I wouldn't go out with a girl that has been with my mate 'coz it's not my style.

I always assumed I'd never go out with a bloke who'd gone out with one of my mates but it's happened.
    I'm seeing someone who's a mutual friend of mine and my good mate who only split up with him a few months ago. It's totally against my morals, as I know she's not over him and it's caused quite a few problems between us all, but sometimes you can't stop things from naturally progressing y'know?
    The fact he's slept with her doesn't really bother me although there is always that fear they might re-ignite the flame or something. I dunno. I guess it's not the nicest of situations either but if they're honest about it then it's something you've gotta get over.