Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Get Involved

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quite an introspective comment.

All though my life, I've had a very active social life.

For reasons that I can't help due to my current location and work situation, I haven't had any of my old friends around other than on the odd occasion.

This has forced me to think for myself a lot more. I am reading more, and forcing myself to really get involved in meeting new people and getting involved in activities, going to the gym, playing squash, the pool team at my local etc. I've made a point to go out clubbing once a week whether or not I have anyone to go out with. I'm much better at scoring. (Although its a lot easier when you're in a group)

Rather than being a bad thing, I think that having to force myself to get out has been the best thing to happen to me in terms of improving confidence. When I go back home and I can notice the difference.

Although it has been a pain, I honestly wish that I had went through this phase before I went to university because I know for a fact that I would have made a lot more out of the opportunities available if I had been more independant.

Comments

• Options
    random. hello. good for you. :confused::) :wave:
  • Options
    Good for you mate :thumb:
  • Options
    elephants cant jump ya know

they have no knees :chin:
  • Options
    I went to Barcelona on my own last year for ten days. Had one of the best holidays ever. Met loads of people from all over the world, attended the footaball, beaches and saw the cultural bits.

Can recommend it to anybody.