Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

capsule wardrobe - for uni!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay, im off to uni in september and have started thinkign about what clothes to take with me!
in your opinion or exerience what are the items that you cant live without? I'm thiking whats the most versaltile or essential...or just the coolest!
so far im planning...
COAT
black trousers
black skirt
jeans
denim skirt
white shirt
black cardigan
goign out shoes
smart day shoes
trainers

...and the essentials---underwear socks etc

what other items are useful to have?
:cool:

Comments

• Options
    comfy sweaters and pyjamas that you can slob about your room in when you've got an essay due in and have to work :yes:

slippers and flip flops if you're sharing a bathroom/kitchen
  • Options
    consider a few pairs of jeans.

i lived in my jeans. still do.

all the student nights round here have casual dress codes, so i wore them out as well.
  • Options
    I took almost my whole wardrobe to uni which was a big mistake I would take:

A few pairs of jeans
    black pants
    combats
    denimn skirt
    smart going out outfits
    school uniform outfit for school nights
    accessories(angel wing/devil horns etc)
    vest tops
    t shirts
    trackie pants
    trainers
    flip flops
    goin out shoes
    something trampy to wear when doin the washing
    lots of PJ's
  • Options
    Heh, I got picked on by fellow students for dressing the way I always do. :(
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    just because you don't wear a pink shirt with the collar turned up is no excuse to pick on you :mad:

i'd have chinned them. besides which, even the durham students wearing scruffy jeans are still wearing scruffy versace jeans. how are real people supposed to keep up with that?
    LMAO!
    Can you imagine the looks I got when I went into the dinner hall? When I first started I had blue and pink streaks in my hair, lol!!

I was a total pleb! You know what though? I don't care!
  • Options
    Hmm...I have too many clothes.

I will take my autumn/winter clothes:

T-shirts, long-sleeved tops, jumpers, a few pairs of jeans, trousers, my knee-length denim skirt. Then a few tops to go out in, trainers and some black shoes incase I get a job that needs them.

My mum just bought me loads of new PJS :D Snoopy ones, a Snoopy nighty, some blue bottoms and a huge grey fleece dressing-gown. I will be warm and look slobbish.

However I will have a problem with accessories. Which bags do I take? Which belts? Which scarfy things? What jewellery? :confused: Because I love them all. I'm glad they don't have a bead shop in Leeds or I would actually be in debt straightaway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth

i'd have chinned them. besides which, even the durham students wearing scruffy jeans are still wearing scruffy versace jeans. how are real people supposed to keep up with that?

oh god how the durham students used to make me laugh when I was at school :rolleyes: with their rugby shirts, pashminas and fancy shoes...
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    I'm glad they don't have a bead shop in Leeds or I would actually be in debt straightaway.

Um, they have loads.... :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    Thats what i was thinking... :confused:

I dont really have all *that* many items of clothing i wear on any kind of a regular basis, so i'm probably just going to take all of it! But i think new cords will be required as i actually do live in them and theyre starting to wear through. I've definately got my wear out of them though!
  • Options

I've been twice and I never saw any. Actually that's probably because my then boyfriend purposefully made us avoid them....

*sighs* I will have to break my addiction.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    I've been twice and I never saw any. Actually that's probably because my then boyfriend purposefully made us avoid them....

best one is on the balcony of the corn exchange ;)

that can be your little secret.
  • Options
    best one is on the balcony of the corn exchange ;)

that can be your little secret.

You know I thought there might have been...but we walked past it! Damn him...

I love the corn exchange, but I can't buy any clothes when I get there....must...not.....
  • Options
    im so glad im living at home when i head off to uni after reading all that lot, plus i get a cool nurses uniform to wear so i dont have to worry about what to wear each day. id never be able to pick otherwise!
  • Options
    I took everything with me and am glad I did, cos I was out nearly every night!
  • Options
    You forgot underwear.