Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

double standards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
RudeBwoys topic got me thinking about double standards.
why is it ok for men to go out and do what ever they want sleep with as many girls as they want and bragg about it but when a girl does it she gets branded a slut, whore, the local bike, easy whatever. i thought it was equal rights and all that, men get respect for it, a girls only gotta do summat silly once and its stuck for life.

it really frustates me.

guys if you found out a girl you liked has had a lot of sexual partners would it put you off her?

girls have you ever done anything that has led to you being called a slut or something along those lines?

i had a threesome once and one lad i know called me a dirty slut?
was he just jealous coz he didnt get none of the action?

i believe everyone should be able to do what they wanna do if it makes them happy and at the end of the day its no one elses business.

so why these double standards?
also people how many partners do you class as a lot?

Comments

• Options
    i think it's to do with the modern society and they way we grow up and brought up in this world and the the way women are portrayed.....
  • Options
    I think you are perfectly right in the sense that if men can sleep with many women then why can't the reverse occur. :)

Admittedly, although I know you are right, as a guy if I heard that someone I was interested in had slept with many people it would probably put me off a little.

I guess it all could be just a result of social conditioning.
  • Options
    I know wot you mean sars, i think the only reason women are portrayed like that is because the world is still living in a seperate sexual society...

In response to theputting me off bit, if i met a girl whos been with many people before it wouldnt really bother me.....

But i guess thats my opinion
  • Options
    Not being funny but women get special treatment in many areas - Men paying for them etc. In return we get to brand you sluts.

After all - Its my cock invading your pussy - Not the other way round. When I've shot my loads up you, its not my legs the cum will be dripping down for the next few hours.
  • Options
    It's just the way it is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    Not being funny but women get special treatment in many areas - Men paying for them etc. In return we get to brand you sluts.

After all - Its my cock invading your pussy - Not the other way round. When I've shot my loads up you, its not my legs the cum will be dripping down for the next few hours.

Sexist
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Sexist
    sex·ism ( P ) n.

1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
    2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

Firstly I am no sexist.

Secondly - Does anyone else find that dictionary description of sexism sexist? lol.

Thirdly - On what grounds do you make me a sexist?
  • Options
    Coz u was saying we should be allowed to call girls sluts coz they are the ones going round havin sex and havin a good time...
  • Options
    Well you mistook my tongue in cheek "we have a right to call them" the wrong way. But I must admit - I'm not one of the "everything is black and white" sheep of the world. And although I wouldn't go as far as to label a girl a slut - I do think its slightly worse for a girl to sleep around than a bloke due to the nature of it. She is being penetrated. We are penetrating. Interesting thought I reckon.

Anyway then - Do you agree with paying for girls, opening doors for girls etc?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

Lol, an eye for an eye, eh? ;)

To be honest, Sars, if I guy wants to know how many people I've slept with, I wouldn't tell him straight away. The past is my business, and I think as a relationship progresses, you'll learn a lot of things about your partner that you don't like, but it doesn't change the way you feel about them because you love them. Shh, please, don't tell anyone about this optimism of mine ;)

But that's just in the context of relationships. I wouldn't openly talk about my sex life to others because the majority of people will always be very narrow minded and set in their ways, so you can't really win i.e. if you do, you're easy, if you don't you're frigid. I talk about my sex life openly in my lj, because the majority of people on my friends list are open minded and wouldn't be so petty as to judge me on something like sex.

Getting people to change their attitudes is hard, because a lot of them are ignorant, and proud of it, and don't feel the need to change. But I choose not to associate with those types. Whether you're male or female, as long as your happy, being safe, and not hurting anyone on purpose, then old attitudes shouldn't really matter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    Text Here

You think just like me! Why do people feel the need to say "This is me, like it or lump it!". Why do people not realise attitudes and opinions can and should evolve?

You are the first person ive heard say this so thats pretty cool and I agree :)
  • Options
    I totally agree with Sir Cum and go_away. If the person is happy, not hurting anyone and generally enjoying themselves then regardless of gender they should be allowed to continue without opposition/discrimination.

I must admit it has been a while since I have heard people talk the way you two do...:) ...and I think its great.
  • Options
    Everyone has a sexual history. The only way it would bother me would be if she was fucking a different guy every time she was out in a drunken state before we got together.

In saying that, if she had slept with 40 guys before me then I'd think again.

Normally, the people that call girls sluts are the ones that are either jealous of what they can get, or jealous because they want to fuck them.

Guys that go out and shag anything they can then bragg about it are scumfucks. They're absolute losers. I've never shagged someone with the intention of bragging about it.

Btw, I can guarantee that the guy that said you were a slut is jealous as hell ;)

MFF? Or MFM? Just curious ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm

Btw, I can guarantee that the guy that said you were a slut is jealous as hell ;)

MFF? Or MFM? Just curious ;) :rolleyes:

mff and it was goooood :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    guys if you found out a girl you liked has had a lot of sexual partners would it put you off her? -Depends what I wanted from her doesn't it! If I just want sex like a one night stand than no, it wouldn't matter. But having a relationship might be different!

Blokes want to be Marco fucking Polo when it comes to new gf's. We like the idea of being the biggest, best & first. Hence why we ask; 'how many times' have you had sex etc and perhaps get bitter when we don't hear the answer we want (that's not to say lying is the best policy!)

so why these double standards?- Women look down on blokes that fuck whores, Yet they don't mind being fucked like one in some dirty fantasy they have! I think women have a lot of their own double standards

also people how many partners do you class as a lot? -Depends how old the girl is and what she looks like I think. You tend to find girls that believe themselves to be ugly get used by blokes as a quick shag and have lot of numbers under their belts! Not fair but it just seem the way it is. Insecurities are a right bitch!

and at the end of the day its no one elses business.- I beg to differ, If you're putting your partner at risk he/she has the right to know!
  • Options
    frankly to be blunt I find either lads or girls that sleep with loads of people deeply unimpressive
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Hence why we ask; 'how many times' have you had sex etc

It's pretty insecure to feel the need to ask that kind of thing.

We don't all do it.
  • Options
    Yeah, but none of you mention that its mostly OTHER GIRLS who are the first to scream "slut". Its girls who slag off other girls, mopst lads dont seem to care so long as the girl hasnt shagged 500 guys or something. And Im sure thats the same with girls for guys- if a lad has shagged 500 lasses, you wont think highly of him.

Theres no double standards from men.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    frankly to be blunt I find either lads or girls that sleep with loads of people deeply unimpressive

same here, itsm not really that hard to pull someone and fuck there brains out... so why do it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    It's pretty insecure to feel the need to ask that kind of thing.

We don't all do it.

Yes it is insecure, but everyone has insecurities! *Even you!!*

No doubt you deal with them better once you get older (or hide them better!) but they hardy go away because they are hard to deal with!

And furthermore.... I didn't mean for it to sound like we all have the same insecurities!
  • Options
    OK, firstly, I don't think there are any double-standards.
    Girls, unless you were only interested in a one-night-stand, would some guy telling you he's had a lot of sexual partners impress you? Would you think any less of him because of it?
    Women seem to dislike men who sleep around a lot anyway, thinking that they seem to think they're God's gift to women etc...

Secondly, if a girl I liked had had a lot of sexual partners, yes it would bother me. I don't do sex before marriage, and I like living in my naive little world and thinking thta there are some women out there who think the same :blush:

Thirdly, I don't think there's a definate number that I would look at and think "Yep, that's a lot". It depends on how old they are.
    For example, if a girl's lept with 20 people and she's only 18, then I would say she's slept with a lot. However, if she was 40, then 20 people doesn't seem as much.

Tehnical question that third one...